Andy73

OFF Sound Tweak III - Update 3.1

Hello Folks,

please watch my new Video and tell me what you think about this. Is anyone interested in this Stuff?

Sorry, the Video has a bad Quality and it's stuttering, but I'm really not an Ace in making Videos...

My Work is finished, and now I'm going to sit back, playing OFF as much as my time allows me, and wait for WOFF :biggrin:

Best wishes, Andy

• Like 1

@Andy

The OFF Sound Tweak V3.1 is a monumental achievement. Talk about immersion - it is there in spads. I await its posting on CA Downloads. Absolutely Marvelous!

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Incredible cacophony of noise, Andy! Love the Vickers--doesn't sound like a pea-shooter anymore!

Where did you find that battle around the 5 minute mark of the video? They were throwing everything at you but the kitchen sink!

Great work!

Jeez, I wasn't even aware that you had released version 3.0 a few months ago. I've been missing out on some great new sounds!

Andy, do you mind telling us what has been updated in version 3.1?

Herr Prop-Wasche,

I've updated the following things in 3.1:

- Fixed some Volumes for the AI-Engines

- New Sounds for the VICKERS and LEWIS Machine Guns (also for Ground-Gunnery)

- Some new Sounds and Volumes fixed for the FLAK

- New War Ambience (Infantry-Fire, Explosions, FLAK, many new Explosions which are far away in the Distance)

- When you shoot down a Plane, you will now hear sometimes the typical "howl" from the Engine, the same as it was used sometimes in War-Movies

- New AI-Engines for some Two-Seaters

- Some new AI-Engines for the SE5a and the SPAD-Series

- Modified the XML-Sound File (this was a difficult Job!)

I've created some new Updates for my Engines-Mod too:

- New Gnome 80hp-Rotary Engine Sounds (Final Version)

- New Engine Sounds for the SE5a Wolseley Viper (Final Version)

Together with my Engine-Sounds Mod and my Sound Tweak III, which is recommended to enjoy the full Experience of World War 1 - Sounds, I think now my Job for Phase 3 is finished. I'm very happy with the Result. It took me nearly one Year to get everything working correctly. Some Sounds were too loud, some were too quiet, and often some Sounds must be resampled (bad Quality). Some Samples were changed nearly a dozen times, before I was happy with them. Tweaking the XML-File was also a difficult Job, this File is hard to understand. It took some Weeks to learn about this. I do not know how often I've tried to modify this File, but perhaps 50 times for sure... But as I said, now I can sit back myself, and wait for WOFF. I am very curious about this!

I will upload Update 3.1 as fast as I can. Enjoy Phase 3 with some new Experience!

:clapping::good:

One more "small" favor: would you be willing to look at the stall.wav sound, which is supposed to give warning of an impending stall? At present, it is extremely hard to hear over the ambient wind noise, so doesn't really give any warning before you are actually stalled/spinning! Is there any way to add some "buffeting" or "rough air" type sound to this wav? In the alternative, working with the sound.xml file, possibly reducing the ambient air sound.wav temporarily as the aircraft gets slower and slower as it approaches a stall (ignoring the problem of accelerated stalls, unfortunately)?

I understand if this is not something you want to tackle right now--believe me, as a DM/FM modder, I know how it feels to finally finish a project that you spent hours upon hours working on, only for some blighter to ask for some additional "feature." :grin: Still, would be really nice to have...

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

My apologies for sounding so simple.

I have never downloaded and installed anyone's mods.

Can someone give me a brief rundown on how to install one of these? I have downloaded the above sound files and opened them up, but cannot figure out any steps beyone that. Where might this "Mods" folder be, etc?

You may send me a PM if the process is too lengthy so we don't tie up this thread. Thanks.

Andy - Your new sound mod is fantastic..you've really created something special for OFF, IMHO

Regards,

Royce

Can someone give me a brief rundown on how to install one of these? I have downloaded the above sound files and opened them up, but cannot figure out any steps beyone that. Where might this "Mods" folder be, etc?

You may send me a PM if the process is too lengthy so we don't tie up this thread. Thanks.

Hey AROTH. Wait another day or so for version 3.1, which will come in an automatic installer. You should first install JSGME from here which is needed for most mods, Andy's sounds included.

My OFFramp mod manager, part of the OFFice incomplete campaign editor, makes using OFF mods easy--and a whole lot more. Basically it's OFF Phase 3.5. Take a look, and follow the included links to get more easy-to-install mods for OFF.

Ok, sounds good

Thanks for the info.

Andy's 3.1 update is ready for download. Just follow this link or go to the third party mods thread.

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

Andy:

I just wanted to say thank you for working on this amazing mod and for posting it for the rest of us to enjoy! I just flew my first few missions with your mod installed and the change it makes to OFF is remarkable! The sound of artillery and flak are truly scary to fly through and the ambiance created by your sounds is just fantastic. I sincerely hope the devs get in contact with you about incorporating your work into WOFF - it would be a shame if they didn't. Well done and thanks again!

I second that opinion.

This was the first mod I have ever done to this sim and was amazed at the difference in the sounds....especially with headphones on. (Of course, the headphones also help drown out the wife's chattering from the next room..... :laugh: )

This is a really nice mod, it makes my N28 sound much better and I like the changes to the gun sounds also. Aroth you are supposed to type the in pig latin so you wife wont be able to de-cipher the message ;)

Beard

Thanks for all your answers Guys, I am very happy you like my Mod :biggrin:

I'm very curious about WOFF and of course the Sounds in the Game. They will be different like they were in OFF Phase 3. Perhaps it will not be neccessary to create some new Sounds for WOFF. I hope so :beach:

But we'll see ... :angel:

• Like 1

Andy:

I just wanted to say thank you for working on this amazing mod and for posting it for the rest of us to enjoy! I just flew my first few missions with your mod installed and the change it makes to OFF is remarkable! The sound of artillery and flak are truly scary to fly through and the ambiance created by your sounds is just fantastic. I sincerely hope the devs get in contact with you about incorporating your work into WOFF - it would be a shame if they didn't. Well done and thanks again!

Andy;

CaptSopwith said it all!!! Marvelous piece of work. One of the best mods I have ever installed. Cudos!!

Hello all and Happy New Year

I've downloaded the Sound file 3.1 and looking forward to it. On unpacking it I see no readme etc but just an exe file. OK, so i run this from the external hard drive to which I had downloaded it.

Very soon after starting it said I should install JSGME because it couldn't be found in

C/OBDsoftware.

I checked the OFF installation and I see that my JSGME exe and JSGME ini file and the Mods folder are all in C/OBDsoftware/CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields .

My present position of JSGME is where I think it should be. But this sound file exe seems to want it to be somewhere else.

Is this a fault within the exe or have i got it wrong somewhere?

Can I ( should I ) move the JSGME exe and JSGME ini file and the Mods folder from the

CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder back one, into the C/OBDsoftware folder?

Can someone help me with this please?

TIA

I checked the OFF installation and I see that my JSGME exe and JSGME ini file and the Mods folder are all in C/OBDsoftware/CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields .

My present position of JSGME is where I think it should be. But this sound file exe seems to want it to be somewhere else.

Is this a fault within the exe or have i got it wrong somewhere?

Can I ( should I ) move the JSGME exe and JSGME ini file and the Mods folder from the

CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder back one, into the C/OBDsoftware folder?

Hey Fortiesboy, yep your JSGME's in the wrong spot. If it's inside the "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" folder it can't possibly work with some of my and Bletchley's mods, and so most modern OFF JSGME mods are designed to work from the OBDSoftware root folder..

Here is a version of JSGME that installs automatically in the correct location for OFF mods. All modern JSGME OFF mods should work with it without a hitch.

Happy New Year!

Thanks a lot fellas=

I've now got it loaded and it is excellent. Thanks a lot Andy.