1. 1. How old are you?

• Under 20
    • 20-30
    • 30-40
    • 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • Over 70

Ohh yes Roger.I still manage to stagger into the air most days in OFF.My present pilot [sE5}has a hit percentage of 16 per cent ,of which I am quite proud.The only other sim I fly is FSX where the A2A Piper Cub is my favourite.I find keeping my mind active is a good delayer of the dreaded gaga.

Cheers.

I notice that at the moment we have 158 views and only 15 replies. Ok a lot of the views can be people who have already voted, but it is a bit strange.

I didn't vote because you asked for the oldest and the youngest. I figured I'd fall somewhere in-between those two before I even opened the thread and saw there was a poll and I've since been proven correct. Perhaps you could ammend your question to include average and mean ages, thus giving sticklers like me justification to join the fun. What's funny to me is how people chimed in even after it had been established that they were neither. :grin:

*edit*

to Hood. I fly FSX as well. More since I downloaded the OV-10a Bronco. It's a lot of fun. I rode in one back in '75 when I was in the Air Force. They're fast but can stay in the air at about 80 knots, maneuverable, and excellent visibility. As they said on the commercial many years ago, "Try-y-y-yy it. You'll li-i-i-i-ike it."

Edited by von Baur

To hood: :drinks:

Wonder what the sims will be like when I'm 90?

I fly FSX, too, mostly the A2A B-17G. Love the "accu-sim" feature because the airplane becomes "yours." Love to see that in combat flight sims, too.

To hood: :drinks:

Wonder what the sims will be like when I'm 90?

I fly FSX, too, mostly the A2A B-17G. Love the "accu-sim" feature because the airplane becomes "yours." Love to see that in combat flight sims, too.

what's accu-sim?

To JFM.I wondered what the sims would be like when I was 90 when I was 80.

To Von Bauer.Where can I get the OV 1o-A Bronco?

59 years young. Only another half century til I head west. Still a lot to do, better get cracking

the shredder

39 Years young. Next Year in March I will be 40 and I'm gonna make a nice Party for my mates and my Family :dance2:

I believe that sim-flying keeps the brain younger.

Well, in my case that exercises probably wasn't necessary - I never grew up - Mmuahahahahaaa!!!!

But seriously - old pilots still appear young somehow.

34 years old, turning 35 in feb.

so when i played red baron and wings on amiga, i was an early teen. was rather a history lesson than a game.

34 years old, turning 35 in feb.

so when i played red baron and wings on amiga, i was an early teen. was rather a history lesson than a game.

No wonder Wings on the Amiga got us both! 35 since October.

46, but these past 2-3 years have put years on me, but we all need a few bad years to make the good years better.

Before you ask, it's nothing embarrassing or life shattering, I'm just an indirect victim of the Banking collapse and trying to hold on to what I've got while praying for sunshine.

Indeed, tranquillo, Indeed! And a toast to hood, who is not only flying, but posting on forums as well! May we all be doing so well at 90!

:salute: :salute: :salute:

:drinks:

what's accu-sim?

Hello,

Accusim "keeps track" of your airplane. When you fire up an FSX plane that has accusim, it's "your" airplane. Thus, it "remembers" everything that has been done with it, and done to it. Hours are logged. Time between engine overhauls are monitored. Systems get old and need replacing. Every once in a while, things fail. I've lost a cylinder before, and once I couldn't raise my gear when the hydraulic pump failed. If you make a belly landing and then exit the sim, for instance, the next time you go to fly that plane you won't be able to--it'll still be on the belly. You have to go into the maintenance hangar and initiate "repairs" to get it in flying condition again. These repairs are, fortunately, instantaneous, but things like this add to the--and I hate this overused word, but I'll use it--"immersion."

Raves about Accusim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnQjs0CHoRs&list=UUnK85B5INN2pRnAbdZ4tYaQ&index=11

This skips the raves and shows you the features:

Skip to 1:00 to get to the meat. This shows the B-17, but A2A has accusim on their P-51, P-40, P-47, B-377, at least.

Some may not like Accsuim, but IMO it's stellar. In combat sims, not only would you have to worry about the enemy, but you'd have to maintain your own bird.

Hello,

Accusim "keeps track" of your airplane. When you fire up an FSX plane that has accusim, it's "your" airplane. Thus, it "remembers" everything that has been done with it, and done to it. Hours are logged. Time between engine overhauls are monitored. Systems get old and need replacing. Every once in a while, things fail. I've lost a cylinder before, and once I couldn't raise my gear when the hydraulic pump failed. If you make a belly landing and then exit the sim, for instance, the next time you go to fly that plane you won't be able to--it'll still be on the belly. You have to go into the maintenance hangar and initiate "repairs" to get it in flying condition again. These repairs are, fortunately, instantaneous, but things like this add to the--and I hate this overused word, but I'll use it--"immersion."

I'd probably crash all my planes long before they even need refueling

Well I guess I am the junior member of the over 70 group since Hauksbee has me trumped by a year and we both trail Hood at 90. Oh well 73 is not bad since the good Lord has given me good health and only minor physical problems. Really looking forward to the release of the update which sounds like it might be soon.

• Like 1

17 years of age here. :)

Ah - the curse is broken! Let's us - the young-at-heart - welcome the youth!

Three under twenty, and three over seventy - OFF has a good range!

Edited by Olham

Aye, 50 here. Just to add to JFM's bit on accu-sim, A2A also put out 'Accu-feel' which can be added and used for most if not all your aircraft collection in FSX- I like it and it's really livened up some of the default aircraft, and my other add-on aircraft just adding to the immersion. For example, the windows in the Lockheed 12's cockpit open and close but there is no additional sounds in G.A.S's default model, however with accu-feel 'on' you get the sounds of wind rushing in when the window is opened, and it gradually dissappears when the window is slid shut again. Highly customizeable as well.

Many thanks Von Bauer.I'll give it a burl.

26 here. Pretty impressed by you guys. My parents are in their mid to late 60s and their computer literacy is nonexistent. Kudos to you all, hope to be just like you fellows when I'm 60/70/80/90.

50 and feeling it.

Luckily I have the maturity of a 16 year old so it balances out nicely.