Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

HeliLand

Screenshot of a very early phase of a helicopter mod for FE.

post-3395-0-78342200-1355340133_thumb.jpg

For test reasons i use my Vogesen terrain with Jan Tumas terrain update, the Mi-24D and the Apache.

Was neccessary of tricky modding to bring the voice system to work again, now the pilot chatter we know from WOX, SF2 is back again.

The modern weapons like the Hellfire or the Maljutka missiles, the rocket pods working very well.

I playing with new flight models for the helis.

Its a lot to do. Lets see where it will end. :dntknw::biggrin:

• Like 1

How does Vogesen terrain works in WOE? IIRC you did it with 500 meters tiles size, right?

If FE terrains would work in WoX or SF2 i would have done this mod for it. But unfortunatly i havent found a way to convert FE terrain in the WoX world.

For a heli mod the FE terrains are the best, because it has 500x500 meter tiles which give us a 4 times higher resolution of the terrain than in the WoX world with 2000x2000 meter tiles. If you fly low, as helis does it usually you need a good terrain resolution. Thatswhy FE.

If FE terrains would work in WoX or SF2 i would have done this mod for it. But unfortunatly i havent found a way to convert FE terrain in the WoX world.

For a heli mod the FE terrains are the best, because it has 500x500 meter tiles which give us a 4 times higher resolution of the terrain than in the WoX world with 2000x2000 meter tiles. If you fly low, as helis does it usually you need a good terrain resolution. Thatswhy FE.

Good thinking! FE is the best Third Wire sim for low altitude action because of ground tile size. You could call your mod First Helos! :biggrin:

Edited by Geezer