Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

Pacific Rim Trailer hot off the presses! HHHHHHNNNNNGGG!

Okay, this looks totally awesome and is obviously an homage to Japan's kaiju (giant monster) movies. Del Toro never disappoints as director, so I'm sure it'll be worth the admission price.

But! Could someone tell me why so many Hollywood movies lately have a hate-on for 5th generation fighters? The F-22 and F-35 keep getting smashed to pieces in absurdly low-altitude close-range clusterf**ks and it's getting on my nerves.

Hulk (the Ang Lee one): An F-22 flies low enough for the big green guy to jump on top of it.

Die Hard 4: F-35B flies under a bridge (which collapses and FODs the engine, naturally).

Iron Man: F-22s engage an unidentified superweapon from point blank, and one drops from a resulting mid-air collision.

Transformers 1: "F-22 pilots would never fly that low!" Yet moments later they're zooming between buildings and get stomped on by a shapeshifting robot ape.

Transformers 2: F-22s are flying so low, in the desert, for no reason, and get taken out by levitated rocks. ROCKS.

And then in this trailer they're shooting a 300 foot tall monster point-blank with their 20mm? Come on.

It doesn't necessarily ruin the movie, but I just wish directors would do even a tiny bit of research before they include modern military hardware.

It must surely be related to the public little knowledge. There is not so long ago I remember that, in general, when they saw a civil jet it was necessarily "a Boeing!", for military aircraft it was "a MiG!" . Now, most only know the F-22 and F-35, or in some limits the ones from the Call of Duty saga. Moreover, we don't see anymore all these idiots screaming "a Spectre" when they saw a C-130 on a video.

Know nothing of this, but at first glance it feels like a mix of Starship Troopers (the book) & Neon Genesis Evangelion.

It has to be awesome.

It doesn't necessarily ruin the movie, but I just wish directors would do even a tiny bit of research before they include modern military hardware.

if all movies had research behind it, they would just turn into fictional documentaries

About the F22 being destroyed. Its a tradition in a Kaiju movie. Hell in Godzilla's recent movies, around 90's, I've seen him waste full squadron of SU-33's and F-15E's (which dropped full salvo of LGB's on him) with his atomic oral ray. Next 2 years Kaiju fans like myself will be VERY happy starting with Pacific Rim in '13 and in '14.......GODZILLA! by Legendary Studios.

Falcon

Okay, this looks totally awesome and is obviously an homage to Japan's kaiju (giant monster) movies. Del Toro never disappoints as director, so I'm sure it'll be worth the admission price.

But! Could someone tell me why so many Hollywood movies lately have a hate-on for 5th generation fighters? The F-22 and F-35 keep getting smashed to pieces in absurdly low-altitude close-range clusterf**ks and it's getting on my nerves.

Hulk (the Ang Lee one): An F-22 flies low enough for the big green guy to jump on top of it.

Die Hard 4: F-35B flies under a bridge (which collapses and FODs the engine, naturally).

Iron Man: F-22s engage an unidentified superweapon from point blank, and one drops from a resulting mid-air collision.

Transformers 1: "F-22 pilots would never fly that low!" Yet moments later they're zooming between buildings and get stomped on by a shapeshifting robot ape.

Transformers 2: F-22s are flying so low, in the desert, for no reason, and get taken out by levitated rocks. ROCKS.

And then in this trailer they're shooting a 300 foot tall monster point-blank with their 20mm? Come on.

You forgot the Hulk trashed an F-35B in The Avengers. :grin:

And Samuel L. "Windu" Jackson RPGed another one on deck...he was tired of those motherf´ng airplanes in his motherf´ng carrier...sorry, couldn´t resist

• Like 1

Holy crap... It's Neon Genesis Evangelion!

...Kinda.

There is confirmation of a GAIKING film too by the way.

Falcon