what makes you think that?

just because the mobile app is taking precedence for moment...

expansion 3 is still to come

Are we abandoned yet?

Nope. What makes you think that?

Maybe that TW is focused on the Apps and there are no signs or news of EXP3 wich was suppposed to arrive this year? No patches nor DLCs since...when? Anyway, i don´t think it is that bad, things are just slower, but i don´t think we are done just yet.

No patches nor DLCs since...when?

Since 19th of October. It hasn't even been 2 months yet. Don't worry :smile:

nothing to worry IMO, Thirdwire being busy with mobile apps at the moment. Exp3=FALSE has been in the version.ini for long time, that's a good sign

+1

TK's got full plate on his hands ATM with mobile SF. And that's a good thing - if mobile games bring him more revenue then on only good things can come to SF games. TK isn't like Maddox Games, he doesn't promise things he can't/won't deliver.

please sir... I want so'more.

Edited by SkateZilla

that's a good sign

How may years did it take TK to axe the Brake Chute key from the control list? :biggrin:

Edited by Gr.Viper

How may years did it take TK to axe the Brake Chute key from the control list? :biggrin:

Ok, ok, I know there's pointer to helicopterobject.ini still present yet the only chopter I've seen so far is static on NA carriers, but he promised Exp3 and I see no reason to not believe the man in this regard.

Happily we have quite stable release to enjoy meanwhile.

DLC is not dead for sure, they are making MIGs... I'm in contact with a hungarian guy, who does stuff in the Mig21 team

+1

TK's got full plate on his hands ATM with mobile SF. And that's a good thing - if mobile games bring him more revenue then on only good things can come to SF games. TK isn't like Maddox Games, he doesn't promise things he can't/won't deliver.

Revenue from a Free Game.... That's Ad Supported.

Revenue from a Free Game.... That's Ad Supported.

Not sure I get you point SZ. Is he not getting any money from ads and ppl paying to unlock more ac?

prolly enough to pay for Mobile developement, but I doubt income from a Mobile game can support development for a PC Platform

Probably not completely support, but can contribute to the bottom line. Considering how much of the SFA content comes from the PC games, I'd imagine the development cost was minimal. Also, SFA and SFA:K do have income streams from other than ads.

FC

Besides they can act as an indirect advertisement for the PC games, imho.

There's no doubt the mobile development has slowed work on the PC stuff. However, we can't argue that it's not been necessary as only TK knows how much he's getting from the mobile stuff and how much it's helping his bottom line vs working more immediately on the PC stuff.

I'm patient, it's not been all that long yet.

Well, it sort of reminds me of the whole HL2:EP3 thing...

"OMG Valve has abandoned HL for L4D, Portal, TF, etc, blah, blah, blah"...

It'll come when it comes. Now, to be fair, TK has said himself that there will be no SF3. What that means long term is up in the air...continued DLC, expansion packs, abandonment into mobile, or something totally different. He has also said he needs to buy a Mac...which probably means at least a port of SFA to the iOS format.

I still wonder about the possibility of a KAW game. That seems an area ripe for a dedicated product since Rowan left.

FC

• Like 3

I still wonder about the possibility of a KAW game. That seems an area ripe for a dedicated product since Rowan left.

I think it's still on the table

I'll sell him my terrain, at a good price!! (as I have to split the profits with Stary, as those are his tiles)

Thank You Kev & Stary I feel less orphaned now ......... :pilotfly:

• Like 1

I'd gladly give the man any of my stuff for free IF he'd like to benefit from it; I think any long-time big-name modder would do that

• Like 1

The fact is, they have to make a living. If Android is profitable, excellent, but that won´t mean anything about SF2. If the PC game is in deficit, it won´t get any further development, maybe just give it a try, but TW will not waste the money from SFA in a product wich is making them loose money. We may get EXP3, some DLCs and so, but after some time, probably just some special offers.