there is a problem with all F-4´s TW or 3rd party , after jettison the external tanks the drop tanks jump forward and sometimes even go through the wings , sofar i only checked th F-4´s i dont know if this is a general problem for all aircraft

i dont know if this is a known issue or not but if there is a way to fix this i realy like to know it

post-15260-0-25002800-1355957279_thumb.jpg

maybe it's like Wrenches floating bomb problem, a second but invisible hardpoint?

i dont think so , at least for all the F-4 version i made i´m sure that there is no invisible hardpoint and so far i encounter this problem only on F-4´s other aircrafts seem ok so far

i realy have no clue what is causing this

that is what was thinking to i would say eject-position but how can i change that ??? a entry in the data_ini does not work

even moving some pivot points has no effect

still after droping them they jump forward and as i mention above even stock TW F-4´s have this problem

i was locking for a pivot point that may rest in.this position but i could not find any , i moved the pivot point of the wings but no change

post-15260-0-84412400-1355982910_thumb.jpg

Edited by ravenclaw_007

i don't know the first thing about FMs so I am talking out my butt but do droptanks have an entry for drag or something similar? if so maybe it's wrong in some way and making the drop tanks go faster? just a guess.

i don't know the first thing about FMs so I am talking out my butt but do droptanks have an entry for drag or something similar? if so maybe it's wrong in some way and making the drop tanks go faster? just a guess.

i changed the value for the drag but no change they still jump forward , and i posted it at the TW forum but as usual no answer i dont know why i still try it anyway

I dropped these,and they drop down and away to rear,they didnt go forwards at all or through the wing at all.

post-1981-0-11825900-1356024975_thumb.jpg

that is intresting did you try it with other TW F-4´s ???? what patch level do you use ????

Sundowner and i have this problem in fact Sundowner was the one who discovered it i did not realy notice it before , i try now all F-4´s and i dont have a single one with out this problem even the RF-4E has it

the funy thing is that the RF-4E and the new F-4E/F and F-4M dont use the stock TW drop tanks and the pylons are new as well and still the problem is there

It drops forwards for me too on stock & 3rd Party F4's using stock and 3rd party tanks but the forward motion is soooo quick you have to pause the game almost 1 frame per second to see it. Bit of a strange one!

I'm going to guess is a current patch issue. As many other things some people told me.

I'll still going good with Jan2011. No issue with the drop tanks. The same with my stand alone SF2NA install (March2012).

I recorded f4 on fraps and slow mo...tanks drop just fine...down and to rear......july2012 patch

Hmmmm, I'm on July 2012 too ........

Me too (Jul '12), definitely a head scratcher this one???

f401.jpg

f402.jpg

Edited by ianh755

mine jump forward too, stock phantom jul12

otoh, trying it on the imported F-4S from gen1 lod they don't jump. the gen1 lod doesn't have pylon integrated as part of fuel tank, as in when jetting the 370s the pylon remains on the wing. dunno if that's relevant.

I think this problem is CofG related. I had an issue with a plane I was working on that had the CofG moved forward to address some potential issues and it had the same problem. When I moved the CofG back to 0.0,0.0,0.0 the problem went away. I had a quick look at The CofG on the TW F-4B and it is at 0.0,1.70, 0.0. Ultimately, as the bombs don't exhibit the same behavior, I would suspect something got porked in a patch but that's just a guess.

i just check that and yes thats it , if i set the CG to 0.0 all is ok but now the aircraft is no longer sitting on its landing gear but on the main gear and tail

on the new F-4E/F and M the CG is moved even more to 0.0,2.60, 0.0. so the aircraft sit correcet on the main landing gear and not as on the TW F-4´s with the nose up

so now i have to find a way to get the CG to 0.0

i just check that and yes thats it , if i set the CG to 0.0 all is ok but now the aircraft is no longer sitting on its landing gear but on the main gear and tail

on the new F-4E/F and M the CG is moved even more to 0.0,2.60, 0.0. so the aircraft sit correcet on the main landing gear and not as on the TW F-4´s with the nose up

so now i have to find a way to get the CG to 0.0

I think a fix by TK would be the best solution. It may be better to live with the problem instead of spending time on a work-around that may not be possible. Hopefully, TK will get it fixed at some point.

Edited by baffmeister

i just fix the new F-4M by moving the entire model 2.6 meters an move the fuselage pivot piont back to 0.0 and set the CG to 0.0 , i changed all

- MIN/MaxExtentPosition

- CollisionPoin

- VortexPosition

- ExhaustPosition

- AttachmentPosition

- Light Position

in the data_ini and the cockpit position in the Cockpit_ini

i just dont know if i have to change some of the FM data as well , but so far the aircraft is flying ok , now i still have to change the new F-4E and F-4F

Edited by ravenclaw_007