The TW online store certificate appears to have been updated.

Everyone can stop freaking out now.

FC

At least, the PC series are profitable enough to pay for keeping them selling lol

... I realy would like to know how much android market is profittable.

BTW the true is that the SFA porting should be very cheap .... all the planes came from PC version and terrain doesn't exist ......

.... all the planes came from PC version

Wouldn´t it be great that the Starfighter F-104A/C, Mirage IIIE and others were in from a future PC release? I hope we see a Mirage F1 in android soon

Wouldn´t it be great that the Starfighter F-104A/C, Mirage IIIE and others were in from a future PC release? I hope we see a Mirage F1 in android soon

+1 :biggrin:

Everyone can stop freaking out now.

FC

surely you cant be serious

• Like 1

He's totally serious. And don't call him Shirley.

look i dont know watt im talking about here legal in terms of work load skilss etc...

but sereval outher games and neverwinternights comes to my mind had very good comunity pacths i dont if the add new features or not sorry but why not make something like that for SF2 any and all?

of course its going to need and update from time to time to fix TK pacths lol

just an idea.

sort of "SF2:The Right Stuff"™ kind of megapatch?

I'd go for it but I'm affraid everyone would have his/her own idea about the needed extra content and we'll end with 12GB install file in no time. What would be good would be sticking only to default content or replacements for it - updated planes data, avionics, skins, ground units&data tweaks, optionally terrains etc

one wis in my point keeping the light sim features but add better AI maybe refueling, better clouds better naval etc

Stary there is a Realism Mod in the works. Started by Dave, worked on by Malibu43 and Home Fries and myself. I currently have the files so far and am working to sift through and package for a release. i've been directing efforts to improvement of what is available through TW, but there is alot of good stuff in there. not gonna leave anything out, but might shift somethings to a modder folder if its : not 1956-1984 (stock year spread), not covered in the 4 historical terrains, and not a stock aircraft. Ships and ground objects i'm still debating......

• Like 1

Stary there is a Realism Mod in the works. Started by Dave, worked on by Malibu43 and Home Fries and myself. I currently have the files so far and am working to sift through and package for a release. i've been directing efforts to improvement of what is available through TW, but there is alot of good stuff in there. not gonna leave anything out, but might shift somethings to a modder folder if its : not 1956-1984 (stock year spread), not covered in the 4 historical terrains, and not a stock aircraft. Ships and ground objects i'm still debating......

Just for advice on that one within 2 weeks I am hoping to post a correct loadout setup for the A-4's if it is required as...

I wasn't following the Realism mod topic Daddy, thanks for heads-up

np Stary.

Slarti, it would most certainly be appreciated. i'm more USAF and Europe centered in my gameplaying and modding even tho i'm trudging thru a naval Phantom mod. any help with other services and terrians is much appreciated.

Forget about refuelling,I inquired about the cost of privately funding an effort and got an initial cost of $75.000 plus overruns from TK himself.

Forget about refuelling,I inquired about the cost of privately funding an effort and got an initial cost of $75.000 plus overruns from TK himself.

That's because he doesn't want to do it! It also says there aren't 3,000 of us willing to spend $25 for refueling.

I do wonder about his estimates. Is he not the sole coder? What is his income off Thirdwire anyway? That says to me "you'd have to pay my salary for a year so I could dedicate one entire year to doing nothing but implementing AAR code." I find that hard to believe (that it would take an entire uninterrupted year of like 2000 man-hrs of development to put something like that in) but of course we can't refute his numbers without inside knowledge. Instead, all one can derive from his statement is, as said above, he doesn't want to bother.

I don't know his actual stance on MP. There are a lot of low-budget games out there with MP, and I don't think the ability to mod would prevent it from working as I have played plenty of games and sims with mods in MP over the years, from FPS to tactical shooters to flight sims, racing sims, and RTS. In the case of him wanting to avoid the headache, he could simply make it so in MP all mods were ignored, but at least we'd have stock planes and terrains and whatnot to fly MP. That said, I know putting that in will cost something to make, I just disagree with his assertion that he wouldn't see a sales boost for it. People who've skipped SF2 because it didn't have MP (I personally know a few people) would buy it. If it was a standalone title, well he'd sell a lot of that. If he managed to make a module that enabled it for ALL of SF2, he would sell that plus a lot of his other older titles as well as people bought them to fly online.

However, he has what could be conservatively called a "glass half empty" outlook and convincing him it's worth the effort to make MP seems a failing prospect, never mind the fact that a disaster like Il-2: CloD survives and is solely championed for its MP ability. SF2's SP is better than CloD's IMO.

Honnestly, today i don't care what he's going to implement or not ( even if i have ( like every one) my wishlist)

Today i just want to know if he is still develloping the PC series

I have a good flight feeling with this series, but stagnation is not a option, and when i look at dcs, i'm more and more interested in ( before long i think we'll see all the range of planes we are familiar with in sf2)

Edited by Murphy'S

We might disagree as far as "before long" (I doubt we'll see more than MiG-21 and UH-1 this year), but I think DCS is indeed striving for that eventually.

I think we won't see stable, semi complete pack* of addon planes for DCS in this year, or following ones (till say 2015), at the time we'll have nice pack of addon planes DCS already will be obsolete -I know this sounds like heresy now, but time goes by quickly

the other story is lack of any other terrain

*semi complete pack -as in, usable to create plausible Vietnam or Israel or any 60s-70s campaign

i actually bought most of DCS stuff including A-10 but im not playing it because my favorite planes are not there , infact i do play BMS more than DCS A-10 but when DCS get the F-15E & F-16C then i will switch to DCS , thats because DCS meets my needs in sim gaming like A2A refueling , slewing ... etc and also the eye candy and back on topic no TK will never implement any new feature from the ones we wanted and asked for long time before not in his upcoming EXP3 or even if he changed his mind and work on SF3 we had enough experience to understand what TK's target

Edited by Teras

This is a real shame. I have read through this thread and the common theme seems to be the lack of information from Thirdwire about the future of the SF series. By keeping the info chain closed, TK is alienating his customer base. Even the most loyal of supporters have looked elsewhere. Sure, his Android/iPhone app is getting the name out, but will this really bring in the revenue that he expects?

Exp 3 has been promised for what, over 2 years? SF:NA terrain still hasnt had the terrain issues solved or all of it even properly textured.

Sorry to say this, but I think that his silence is the answer. It's just not the one you wanted to get. Despite DanW's occasional vague replies about "progress" on this or that, I would not expect much more.

I hope I'm proven wrong. And if so, would gladly reinstall and start playing again if the product was worthy of what we used to know from TK.

-Jeff

on this sole occasion I DO hope you're wrong Jeff...

• Like 1

I think I'll still hold on to SF2 and FSX for now as DCS World hasn't really hit the button yet to be honest.