Also missing:

Release date (within say "2Q 13" or something range...an actual day of an actual month would be asking too much.

Actual confirmed list of what's in it.

more precisely, any donfirmation, it was DanW who said it's still in the works, right?

Allright, so far, Exp3 will have Mirage F1, surely MirageIIIE and Mirage 5F, quite probably a bunch new AI red aircraft, possibly F-16s for Europe, maybe some arab mirages hard to sell as DLCs as a bonus, and if we hit the jackpot, the return of the Starfighter.

Also missing:

Release date (within say "2Q 13" or something range...an actual day of an actual month would be asking too much.

Actual confirmed list of what's in it.

more precisely, any donfirmation, it was DanW who said it's still in the works, right?

Sorry Guys, is it true? Where is the original answer?

got me there Paulo, I'm no longer sure if it was officially confirmed, by DanW or was rumored among the members

Strike Fighters iOS has now been finished and sent to Apple for review - according to the Facebook page

DanW said something like "it's coming" and confirmed the flyable F1, but little else. No AI-only planes that will be in it, no ETA, no other features. And that was long ago, not too long after NA's release IIRC. I think we heard elsewhere long ago it's for SF2E, but I don't know for certain anymore.

Now if TK has merely decided to dedicate himself to SFA and SFiOS until resuming Exp 3, that's ok, but you think he'd have written a simple one-sentence blurb (like, I don't know, "I'm working on finishing SFA and SFiOS before I finish Exp 3"?) stating that at some point.

Anyway, I'm not holding my breath. If Exp 3 comes, it comes. If not, c'est la vie.

Stary, whats that for a pit in your signature?!

you'll know soon, sweet-named heavy late ww2 nightfighter

JM, thanks for reminding me the pure facts, and rgr, even one line sentence fron The Man would be nice, PC customers are still his customers

Strike Fighters Israel got new 1.20 update, I wish PC titles had this attention... just saying

Edited by Stary

And the iPhone version is soon out

Hope he'll get his Hands free for the Pc version

I will bet that we are gonna see at least this (with vietnam/europe/NA added at some point)

SF A

SFI A

SF iOS

SFI iOS

SF Win8RT

SFI Win8RT

The tech support is near non existent with these limited locked down OSs - but If he has to do patches for each OS revision then that's going to take a lot of time.

Based on whats been downloaded already - say 500,000 downloads for each of the above = 3 million users in 1 year.

Percentage of that would pay at least $1- maybe 30-60%

all I can say is that may he will hire someone to finish the terrain engine for the PC version.

Edited by MigBuster

Successful mobile games that that are based on the micro-transaction financing model are often awash in money. I can only hope TK will be too. For all your pessimism guys, I can't honestly see that a guy who is so into combat aviation that he runs his own business for years trying to make a good product based on that will just abandon his own crown-jewel to make dumbed down mobile games. So I think maybe he only does it as a fund-raiser and ad for SF2?

But yes, the lack of communication is disheartening. I have been playing Wargame: European Escalation this pas year, and the Devs are very open in their communication on the forums, even regarding the sequel AirLand battle (coming 2013..mhmm).

Successful mobile games that that are based on the micro-transaction financing model are often awash in money. I can only hope TK will be too. For all your pessimism guys, I can't honestly see that a guy who is so into combat aviation that he runs his own business for years trying to make a good product based on that will just abandon his own crown-jewel to make dumbed down mobile games. So I think maybe he only does it as a fund-raiser and ad for SF2?

Agree completely; patience must be a virtue (of necessesity). :biggrin:

true, but anythig like even "guys, we shifted our resources to mobile apps at the moment" would be appreciated

TK being TK accustomed us to his way of communicating with fan base, yet other small companies are very vocal about their plans

Well the android version has a nice looking Foxbat in it. I can only hope he ports it to the PC game.

Saisran would you be so kind to upload picture of it?

Interesting...SFA:I has just passed half a million downloads in a month...exceeding the original SFA download numbers.

That has me curious, since the gameplay is the same, and the number of aircraft (I think) do not exceed the number and variety of aircraft in SFA.

I keep thinking of the revenue stream...if 1 person per 10 paid for one aircraft in SFA:I, that's 50,000 dollars in a month. Obviously that rate isn't sustainable, but dang.

FC

we don't know the costs of making various OS versions, plus there is possibility alot of the folks won't buy more than one or two additional planes

There's the issue of the ads as well. Who knows what he might make off them?

to be honest I don't feel comfortable discussing Thirdwire's income...

BUT give me a screen or two of new Exp3 and my keyboard's on fire :smile:

and as a side note, TK made strange decisions with the DLCs, would it be really that hard to release say Vampyre or Spitfire as an additional plane? All these need is new cockpit and maybe extra skin

Grabbed a couple of quick shots of the Foxbat-A

WHOA! That's a nice complete model, I expected worse