Yes, and it was created with more attention to details than TK usually gives. His version would likely offer avionics updates that would make it better in those aspects, but he'd have far fewer planes and a LOT less flyables.

no player flyables, they are both enemy nations! :biggrin:

Totally true!!!!! Lol!!!

Yes, and it was created with more attention to details than TK usually gives. His version would likely offer avionics updates that would make it better in those aspects, but he'd have far fewer planes and a LOT less flyables.

Yes JM the avionics updates (basically all engine enhancements) are the most important reason why i would like to see more TW full titles even if those already have their MOD counterpart.

Justice being made, ODS is nothing less than awesome. I hope the same for a possible Iran-Iraq one! :)

I know I'm a bit late to this party but I noticed this on Thirdwire's twitter page for an upcoming SFA update.

post-27109-0-31324700-1361123606_thumb.png

I don't know if it has any relevence or not. :dntknw:

My own feeling is that EXP3 is probably dead and buried which would be a shame. Then again I am a pessimistic old g*t.!!!

Edited by mikeymead

Yep...well, F-5s could have been great for a number of reasons, and i would like to think it could be also in EXP3, but after all, i think we can forget it, at least for a long time

Perhaps the mobile/tablet games are going so well for TK that he's buying models off the shelf?

No, we built that F-5A for the mobile game.

Nice to see you around here Dan, any "official" presense is nice! Are the models for SFA purpose built or might they later "evolve" into full-blown PC models (say via different meshsmooth levels + all the detail work)? Care to share anything on EXp3?

No, we built that F-5A for the mobile game.

Could you not go the extra mile and let us know if it will find it's way into the PC games?

I have no idea to be honest with you.

It doesn't look PC-level. The mobile versions all have lower numbers of polys and lower-res textures to work on phones. So anything purpose-built for it will still need work to be good enough for the PC, it's not a simple port.

In short, its appearance is neither a confirmation nor a denial of it showing up in SF2 later.

It doesn't look PC-level. The mobile versions all have lower numbers of polys and lower-res textures to work on phones.

Well, obviously. But is it made low-poly, with no provisions to make it PC level later, or is it made and textured in a higher resolution and then just compressed for mobile?

We will see what the future brings us. Im happy i have found Strike Fighters years ago, im still playing and modding SF 2.

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Doesn't look THAT low poly to me, ofcourse some adjustment for mobile games is obvious but I think it looks very good, though F-5 is quite a clean shape but...for example AI Fishbeds in game I would say are lower poly than this F-5A

Yeah Brain32 that was what I was thinking as well, it seems to be higher poly than for example the current third party F-5A (miragefighters?)

DanW?

LOD #2?

Not likely, as LOD #2 probably wouldn't have the cannon barrels or fairings on the fuselage IMHO.

Dels

That's the point. If it was made for SFA, then it doesn't have that better stuff. If it was made for Exp3 and ported to SFA, that's different. We don't know.

Dan's comment that he is unaware if it will be in or not answers nothing.

I'd love to see it ingame!! Mine won't be ready for a few months yet..