Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Possible to use Mod terrains/trees on Dhimar SF2 terrain?

Wondering if mod terrains and trees are compatible with SF2 Dhimar terrain. Can be a easy way to create fictional scenarions on different parts of the world.

short answer no

long answer yes, if you have time to tweak exising tileset of your choice to fit Desert.cat tileset naming, there are also some mods for this particular tileset/tines naming available

Some desert tiles need sparse shrubs, boulders etc. in my opinion. Enhances low-level flying of course. Wouldn't be a bad project for someone with the time to spend on it.

I like the idea of having some fictional campaigns in different parts of the world but about all I can come up with are "Colonial Problems" for France and/or Britain for fifties and early sixties time frames. One map that has some potential in that regard is the Ethiopia terrain with a French base in Djibouti and maybe a British base in Aden, although Aden is quite near the "Wall" if I remember correctly. I have a "Colonial Desert" terrain installed for personal use but it just uses the northern quarter of the stock desert terrain and at this point is just an excuse to check out some new building objects and maybe make some target areas that could be used for my never ending new fictional terrain. Something I have noticed is the inability to get Paran to work properly when using limited nations statements with real nations such as the RAF. In this case I am just using the Soviets as the enemy nation but plan to look into the problem more closely.

Some desert tiles need sparse shrubs, boulders etc. in my opinion. Enhances low-level flying of course. Wouldn't be a bad project for someone with the time to spend on it.

there is complete .TODs trees/cities coverage for Desert.cat I did in 2008, available in SF1 downloads... just remember it's for original Thirdwire tileset

there is complete .TODs trees/cities coverage for Desert.cat I did in 2008, available in SF1 downloads... just remember it's for original Thirdwire tileset

Hi guys! Long time no speak!

Up until a couple of months ago I've been working on a "Desert 4" terrain, using the stock terrain files as opposed to Polak's modded Desert files. I've also added JSF Aggie's hi-res Desert tiles and Stary's above mentioned trees/buildings mod. I'm sure you'll agree that the result is much more pleasing to the eye:

post-29988-0-67762100-1356118866_thumb.jpg

A whole lot of repositioning of objects along coastal towns and cities has taken place successfully, but I've had to remove airfields that I placed in the Dhimari mountain regions which have problems with level placement.

Actually, Stary, I'm having a few problems with "blank spots" in the city tiles; ie; no buildings showing up in some parts of some cities. If you could help me with that it'd be great.

Also, would anybody be willing to help out with levelling out some areas in order for the airfields to sit properly on them? I've tried using the terrain editor in the past to the detriment of my sanity :frantic:

Unfortunately RL issues have taken a front seat for the past number of months and the project remains unfinished. But anyone that could help on the above issues would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Actually, Stary, I'm having a few problems with "blank spots" in the city tiles; ie; no buildings showing up in some parts of some cities. If you could help me with that it'd be great.

maybe there's more types of city tiles (in example City1 to City5) than corresponding TODs (City1 to City4), then you'd have to duplicate one od other city LODs to match the name of unpopulated tile too

maybe there's more types of city tiles (in example City1 to City5) than corresponding TODs (City1 to City4), then you'd have to duplicate one od other city LODs to match the name of unpopulated tile too

Uhhhhhmmmmmm ................ :blush:

I hate to sound green, but you've lost me!

(It's been a number of months since I was working on this upgrade and I'm more than a little out of practice)

I can level the desired areas quite quickly Piecemeal, send me a PM if you're interested. The new Desert 4 looks very good!

I can level the desired areas quite quickly Piecemeal, send me a PM if you're interested. The new Desert 4 looks very good!

Thanks for the offer, BM. Will PM you tomorrow in that regard.

Right now I've got an appointment with my cot :lazy: