Sign in to follow this  
arthur666

Speaking of RAZBAM... how about the F-102?

Just dropped $5 and got the A-6 pack to add the pits to the TW Intruders... I'm pretty happy with the quality, looks great.

Any thoughts on their F-102? If I turn the shadows off, will I have a pretty good bargain for $5?

Just looking for opinions.

the cockpit ALONE is worth the money!

I haven't noticed any shadow artifacts, but it's been a while since I've flown it

• Like 1

Got it. Like it. It is hard to fight in. Don't think I'll be taking it to SEA. Chasing flocks of Badgers away from Iceland though...

that's more like it! :good:

Got it too and it is sweet, but...ahh the inevitable but. I noticed two issues so far, one minor and one not-so-minor. Not so minor first: The aircraft starts at only 75% fuel. In the Data ini., under Fuselage you'll find SystemName[020]=FuselageFuel, change it to SystemName[020]=FuselageFuelCell and, voila you'll have 100% fuel at the start. The other, minor, issue is the HydraulicPressureGuage is inoperative. I don't think the game has coding for hydraulic pressure in the first place, the closest thing I could find is in the new Viper pits, which use the OIL_PRESSURE_INDICATOR callout, for what it's worth, here's what I'm using in the cockpit ini.:

[HydraulicPressureGauge]

Type=OIL_PRESSURE_INDICATOR

NodeName=Hyd_press_Needle

MovementType=ROTATION_Y

ValueUnit=PSI

ItemNumber=1

Set[01].Position=0.0

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=85.0

Set[02].Value=20.0

Set[03].Position=170.0

Set[03].Value=30.0

Set[04].Position=230.0

Set[04].Value=40.0

Set[05].Position=260.0

Set[05].Value=60.0

Set[06].Position=-40.0

Set[06].Value=80.0

Set[07].Position=-15.0

Set[07].Value=100.0

Obviously it's not really showing hydraulic pressure, but it does look better than a dead needle :biggrin: . If anyone finds anything else, post away.

Edited by SupGen

Nice find SG. Thanks. I'm gonna need all the fuel I can carry trying to get this pig high and fast.

BTW SG, did you just add that gauge code into the cockpit.ini, or replace something?

Found this weird little graphic artifact. Look under the rear of the plane. Not gamebreaking by any means, but strange. I can live with it.

post-10437-0-70798300-1356215491_thumb.jpg

Edited by arthur666

arthur, just replaced the existing entries for HydraulicPressureGauge with that. Hadn't seen the graphic thingy; misaligned FakePilot add-on, maybe? Have to take a look.

Took a look; not seeing the graphic artifact, I'm on July2012, how bout you?

July 2012; but if I move the camera any closer than in the screen, the glitch disappears. Using free camera, but i noticed it looking at my wingman from my cockpit view.

Forgot to mention that.

Edited by arthur666

If the model has multiple LODs, try adjusting the ini entry so it only uses the first entry all the way out to max distance and comment out the other entries to see if that fixes the issue.

FC

Hoo boy, why can't I leave well enough alone... I swear, it's the rept-alien nanomorphs living in my brain... Anyway, arthur it seems you have more fuel to get this peeg up there; a lot more. I don't know why, something nagging but I did some checking around and found that the fuel situation on this plane is completely fubared. Both Joe Baugher's site and Wiki (and a few other places) give a maximum internal fuel load of 1085 gallons US, or 4107 LTRs (this last number is given in the cockpit ini. as 100% for the FuelIndicator which is supposed to read in LBs.). Also, I couldn't find any references to 360 gallon drop tanks, all were to 230 gallon (except for Wiki, which said 215, close enough :biggrin: ), PLUS the F-102 did not have the MA-1 FCS, instead the MG-3, and later MG-10 Fire Control Systems were fitted. I'll address the FCS issue in another post, for now, this is what I've come up with for the fuel situation:

For the cockpit ini.:

[FuelIndicator]

Type=INETERNAL_FUEL_QUANTITY_INDICATOR

NodeName=VSI Needle04

MovementType=ROTATION_Y

ValueUnit=LB

Set[01].Position=0.0

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=44.46

Set[02].Value=1100.25

Set[03].Position=88.74

Set[03].Value=2200.5

Set[04].Position=134.56

Set[04].Value=3301.75

Set[05].Position=180

Set[05].Value=4401.0

Set[06].Position=-135

Set[06].Value=5501.25

Set[07].Position=-88

Set[07].Value=7335.0

For the Data ini.:

[FuselageFuelCell]

SystemType=FUEL_TANK

FuelTankID=1

MaxFuelAmount=690.0

SelfHealing=TRUE

FireSuppression=TRUE

MinExtentPosition=-0.30, 6.00, 0.20

MaxExtentPosition=0.30,-1.00, 0.90

[LeftFrontFuelCell]

SystemType=FUEL_TANK

FuelTankID=2

MaxFuelAmount=453.0

SelfHealing=FALSE

FireSuppression=FALSE

MinExtentPosition=-0.80, 1.00,-0.20

MaxExtentPosition=-2.20,-0.40, 0.05

[RightFrontFuelCell]

SystemType=FUEL_TANK

FuelTankID=3

MaxFuelAmount=453.0

SelfHealing=FALSE

FireSuppression=FALSE

MinExtentPosition=0.80, 1.00,-0.20

MaxExtentPosition=2.20,-0.40, 0.05

[LeftFuelCell]

SystemType=FUEL_TANK

FuelTankID=4

MaxFuelAmount=870.0

SelfHealing=FALSE

FireSuppression=FALSE

MinExtentPosition=-0.80,-1.40,-0.20

MaxExtentPosition=-3.60,-4.40, 0.05

[RightFuelCell]

SystemType=FUEL_TANK

FuelTankID=5

MaxFuelAmount=870.0

SelfHealing=FALSE

FireSuppression=FALSE

MinExtentPosition=0.80,-1.40,-0.20

For the drop tanks:

The ini.:

[WeaponData]

ObjectFullName=230-gal Drop Tank

ObjectDataFile=F-102_external Tanks_data.INI

[LOD001]

Filename=F-102_external Tanks.LOD

Distance=300

[shadow]

CastShadow=FALSE

For the tank Data ini.:

[WeaponData001]

TypeName=F-102_external Tanks

FullName=230-gal Drop Tank

ModelName=F-102_external Tanks

Mass=810.00

Diameter=0.670000

Length=6.220000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.200000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.770000

AttachmentType=

SpecificStationCode=

NationName=

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=0

BaseQuantity=0

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=5

MaxFuelAmount=706.40

Asymmetrical=FALSE

With 4 Falcons and 2 drop tanks this brings you in at 31,360 LBs, just under the Max Takeoff Weight of 31,500 LBs AND should give a lot more Time-on-Target. Well, off to try and find non-existant information on 55 year old Fire Control Systems...Merry Christmas all.

Edited by SupGen
  • Like 2

While flying the fuel guage down to zero (just testing, the nanomorphs again,) I noticed that it...didn't. Try this;

[FuelIndicator]

NodeName=VSI Needle04

MovementType=ROTATION_Y

ValueUnit=LB

Set[01].Position=0.0

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=44.46

Set[02].Value=1100.25

Set[03].Position=88.74

Set[03].Value=2200.5

Set[04].Position=134.56

Set[04].Value=3301.75

Set[05].Position=180.00

Set[05].Value=4401.0

Set[06].Position=225.00

Set[06].Value=5501.25

Set[07].Position=272.00

Set[07].Value=7335.0

Also, if you're tired of seeing the Fuel Low Left, Fuel Low Right lights on from the minute you take off, try this:

[ExtFuelEmptyLightleft]

Type=EXTERNAL_FUEL_QUANTITY_INDICATOR

NodeName=fuel low l

MovementType=Light

ValueUnit=LB

Set[01].Position=1.0

Set[01].Value=20.0

Set[02].Position=0.0

Set[02].Value=21.0

ItemNumber=7

[ExtFuelEmptyright]

Type=EXTERNAL_FUEL_QUANTITY_INDICATOR

NodeName=fuel low r

MovementType=Light

ValueUnit=LB

Set[01].Position=1.0

Set[01].Value=20.0

Set[02].Position=0.0

Set[02].Value=21.0

ItemNumber=8

When the light comes on now, you can punch the tanks off, they come on with 20 Lbs remaining in each tank. This will light the Low Internal Fuel light at 600 Lbs remaining:

[internalFuelLight]

NodeName=emer fuel on

MovementType=Light

ValueUnit=LB

Set[01].Position=1.0

Set[01].Value=600.0

Set[02].Position=0.0

Set[02].Value=0.0

Set[03].Position=0.0

Set[03].Value=7335.0

Well, I haven't actualy gotten to shoot anything with this yet, (these instrument tests take time :big_boss: ), but I've noticed that the SPL WPN ARMED light is constantly on, don't know what's up with that, though. arthur, some feedback on that, maybe? Last thing, if you look at panel02.bmp you'll see that item number 15 on the Warning Light panel is MG-10 Reduced Power, so I guess that is the FCS in question. Again, information on this system is almost non-existant so it's kinda every man for himself here.

arthur, meant to ask you (what a memory) the radar reticle shown on the gunsight_t.bmp in the pit folder; does that actualy show when you lock something up?

Edited by SupGen

arthur, meant to ask you (what a memory) the radar reticle shown on the gunsight_t.bmp in the pit folder; does that actualy show when you lock something up?

Well, you do get the green closure circle etc., but not the notes shown in black, if that's what you were talking about.

Good work on the gauge fixes. You should compile them for a user-made patch when you're done.

BTW, is the cockpit.ini identical for all 4 Daggers?

Edited by arthur666

SupGen the weapons panel actually works in the FSX version of the product but is not nearly as animated here... also opening the bottom doors toggles the sight,which didn't happen in FSX. It seems far more effort was put into the FSX version..

thats awesome, as mentioned before you should upload your data and cockpit ini as a patch for this bird.sounds realy nice. thanks for your work!

SupGen the weapons panel actually works in the FSX version of the product but is not nearly as animated here... also opening the bottom doors toggles the sight,which didn't happen in FSX. It seems far more effort was put into the FSX version..

When I read this I wondered how you got the doors to open as Control+O did not work. I actualy added an animation key to toggle the sight at which time I saw that the sight toggles the doors. LOL, this was before I found out that my keyboard is biting the dust...no control or alt functions. Luckily I have a spare. Blackbird, I want to upload everything I've found but I'm wondering if I should clear it with Razbam first, it is payware, after all. I actualy changed the names of the AIM-4's and added SpecificStationCodes to everything because the missles that came with the bird are smaller than stock. If you use stock or from a weapons pack the missle fins stick thru the fuselage. I also converted some AIM-26's from them because if you can't nuke it, fook it. Almost forget, Paulopanz has a skinpack in the downloads section for the F-102A (60).

Edited by SupGen
  • Like 1

Before you upload, I'm gonna try to get to the bottom of a problem with rudder input. It seems to be reversed as far as its effect on the aircraft. Not like the opposite roll on the Phantom, but just plain backwards.

Anyone else have opinions/insight?

arthur, check page 12 of this thread: http://combatace.com/topic/30798-f-102-delta-dagger-by-veltro2k/ This aircraft is still available in SF2 downloads, contrary to popular belief. Search "delta dagger". I've got it, I don't know if this is the same rudder "issue", gotta go out I'll check it when I get back. Just posted at the Razbam site asking permission to post the update.

FSX screenshot: Here is the F-102 arnament panel configuration "fangs out", with launcher extended light lit , with trapeze extended. Note: round selector switch is not enabled in FSX.

post-17847-0-77580900-1356644767_thumb.jpg

The rudder "issue" is exactly the same in both aircraft. In the Rudder statement, change ReverseInput=FALSE to TRUE and add ReverseModelOrientation=TRUE. Visually the rudder acts the same but the aircraft yaws in the right direction. Had to go on a beer run, without that I might never have figured this out.

Good to hear, hope he will agree with your comunity patch. I realy like this bird and its nice to see someone cares about it.

keep it coming

inis are, and have always been, "fair game" for mods/fixes/etc.

I see no issues there!

• Like 1