trying to mess with one, digging kb and old threads, also found the old kaw mod for SF1 for reference, but having zero experience for such adv. modding and limited time i'm having doubts. it'd be great if campaign meisters can have a crack at it!

• Like 1

got a very basic version working by heavily editing the sfp1 camp. ground war nonexistent due to non connecting and too few strategic nodes but good to see it pan out so far! :biggrin:

I seem to be running into a wall... the Antung airbases and Qingqishan airbase in China show as friendly in the camp. they can be seen clearly after launching a campaign mission and press M to bring up the map. after the 1st mission, all the mig squadrons relocate to north korean airbases. just spent the day chasing ghosts feeling clueless what caused this.

campaign files use F-2H2 and B-29 from the SFP1 kaw mod here but looks fine without (still with the bug ofc)

http://combatace.com/files/file/1494-korean-air-war-complete-mod/

appreciate it if someone can take a look!...

Hey,There is also a file you should check out in SF1 dwnlds by malibu43 Korean Air War Ground Object and Campaign Update-say's it fixes some probs,maybe some answers there?

• Like 1

be VERY carefull with including, or NEEDING items that have a 'restricted use' policy -- like any DAT aircraft

edit: i deleted the nodes, and airbase ownership is fine for 1st mission. pattern is if an ab is location=3 (3 is china) and alignment=enemy they change sides. before i deleted the strategic nodes they change sides soon as i launch the 1st flight, now they do that on the 2nd. weird!

wrench,

do you mean the f-2h2? it was included entirely in kaw sfp1 and thought it belonged to CA?..

Hey I'm only talking about the updated campaign material.The readme on that file says to totally delete the campaign folder contents and replace with the new,So there must have been a problem with the original?We're just using for reference so I hope we are not stepping on anyones toes?Wrench let people know if there is a problem nobody want's any trouble.

aaah frontlines! they were drawn in a circle. using a straight line the chinese abs no longer change hands. some migs still move to nk but not all... interesting didn't know they move closer to the flot before.

no, the Banshee is the DAT one.

as to the chinese bases, you'll note they all use the "n" suffix items. These have 0 (zero/no) point values, and sort of create a 'neutral' country. this prevents UN forces from have strike/recon.whatever mission tasking into PRC airspace. But still allows NK/PRC aircraft usage. Be very careful about changing that stuff.

the front lline was designed ot 'isolate' NK from the rest of the world

rgr that wrench read the n suffix in your prev post. and will use alternatetype for banshee i suppose.

updated usaf and red air oob, campaign is flyable, nice to see f-82g pawning nk yak-9s on the 1st hop. while a few mig squads stay at antung, most relo to NK bases after a few missions... but it's best i can do

Edited by Do335