Sign in to follow this  
Dogzero1

DCS install guidance.

Hi all, not been flying much recently due to work commitments but when I did, it was the Wings over series. But now I quite fancy having a go on the DCS series. Just to put things in perspective, I own the original Lock on and flaming cliffs add-on and now I have downloaded (and paid for) Black Shark and I have also downloaded the latest DCS World. Now before I start installing, what kind of order do I need here? Do I install my DCS world first? Will my old Lock on and flamin Cliffs 1 work with it? Very confused over this lot. Must be an age thing.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Dogzero1 out. :airplane:

Hi Yes DCS world first and then modules there is an install instructions at DCS top of the page there should help!

Happy flying

It sounds like you don't have any modules for DCS: World. Flaming Cliffs 2 needs an install of original Lock On for it to install, it just checks to see that you have the game. You can then remove Lock On. Black Shark is a stand alone so you can install it in whichever order you like. BS and FC2 don't work with DCS: World. You'd have to buy Black Shark 2 and Flaming Cliffs 3 to be able to use those aircraft in DCS: World.

Thanks guys. I'll be doing stand alone then. I have Lock on with Flaming Cliffs 1.1b and Black Shark 1. No DCS world for me for the time being.

Regards and good flying. :drinks:

DCS World itself is free if you want to just fly the Su-25T offline. It's a bit improved over the one in the final Flaming Cliffs 1 patch, and the terrain and such certainly is. It costs you nothing but the time to DL and install it, so if you have the HD space go ahead and try it.

It won't conflict with LOMAC or BS1.