Sign in to follow this  
SupGen

Fix Pack for Razbam F-102 Delta Dagger

Fix Pack for Razbam F-102 Delta Dagger

View File

These are just some changes I came up with to fix some problems with Razbam's F-102A Delta Dagger.

1)Fuel guage-Corrected SystemName[021] to read FuselageFuelCell-gauge will now read the fuselage tank. Also changed tank amounts to more closely

reflect actual amount of fuel carried internally; most sources give this as 1,085 Gals or 7,335 Lbs.

2)HydraulicPressureGauge-Changed this to an OIL_PRESSURE_INDICATOR as there is no provision in-game for hydraulic pressure. Obviously not a true

reading, but better than a dead gauge.

3)Drop tanks-Changed these as all references were to 230 Gallon tanks; F-106 had 360's.

4)Fixed Fuel Low Left, Fuel Low Right lights, they now come on with 20Lbs fuel left.

5)Set emer fuel on light to come on at 600Lbs.

6)Changed missle names and added SpecificStationCodes to missles and aircraft to prevent mix-ups with stock or weapons pack missles as these are

larger and protrude thru the fuselage if used in the side bays. Also two AIM-26's with the correct StationCode. After all, if you can't

nuke it, fook it, no? Copy and paste the aim-4 lod.s and parts01 bmp.s from the weapons that came with the plane into their respective folders in

this mod. Install these into your weapons folder in the game. The AIM-26's have their lod.s; they are from McGunny's Ordnance Pack.

7)Fire control system-Changed this to Hughes MG-10; again F-106 was equipped with the MA-1. Adjusted Avionics ini. Search/Track Distance/Strength

entries to match those in the Data ini.

8)Changed the names of the Avionics, Cockpit, and Data ini.'s to be model specific to prevent mix-ups.

9)Added ReverseInput=TRUE and ReverseModelOrientation=TRUE to the rudder statement in the Data ini. to fix incorrect yaw.

After you've placed the aim-4 lod.s etc. in the missle folders just copy and paste the Objects folder either into your Razbam folder or into the

game after you've installed the aircraft.

Credits: Cliff11 for the rudder fix; you can blame me for the rest.

This has been tested in a July 2012 full merged install, it should work in earlier patches but it's untested.

(SupGen)

12/28/12

Good Job! Thanks

Maybe the Rockets could be converted to AA ?

Paulo, not sure if you mean converting them to AIMs or not, take a look here: http://combatace.com...2k/page__st__40 (post 51) Wrench refers to tweaking the Mighty Mouse rockets used on Veltro's F-102 to make them fly "longer and straighter"...looks like mostly upping the booster thrust and adding a sustainer. Elsewhere in that thread the possibilty of making them AIMs is discussed, I think the AI won't salvo them or something. While I'm here, (time for the bad news) I think the Avionics ini. entries for HOJ and TARGET_MEMORY should be deleted as those cabablities were introduced with the F-106's MA-1 Fire Control System. Not only that, the Air Force's Standard Aircraft Characteristics (Aug 62) states that the F-102's loadout consisted of GAR-1D (AIM-4A SARH), GAR-2A (AIM-4C IR) and the GAR-11 (AIM-26A SARH) Nuclear Falcon. Obviously, the two later versions of the aircraft probably use the missles as given (AIM-4D and AIM-4F), but for the two early versions a date sensitive Loadout ini. is really necessary. I suppose you could just rename the missles the early versions now use (or not), rename them and adjust the Data ini.s to reflect the lesser capabilities of the earlier missles (or not), or just figure that, at the end of the day (did I really just say that?) it is just a game and not worry about it, but if anyone wants me to do it, I will and post an update.

Obviously my foot. Just did some more reading here: http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7h5dzOFQMTEAsQJXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyZnYyZGI0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA0RGRDVfODg-/SIG=124q3r40v/EXP=1357003997/**http%3a//www.ausairpower.net/Falcon-Evolution.html and it seems the F-102 was limited to the AIM-4A, AIM-4C and AIM-26A and B. The other missles in the Razbam Weapons folder are part of the Super Falcon family and were not only physicaly larger but also looked like the ones in McGunny's Weapons Pack: I'm not sure if the stock ones differentiate between them or not. The article also covers the Falcons employment in Vietnam in some depth, that and the section on manual employment give some insight on it's lack of sucess in combat; ie., this may have been due more to the fact that the F-4 did not have the specialized FCS of the aircraft it was designed for than the missle itself. The F-4 pilot had to manually perform a lot of functions that were completely automated when using the MG-10 or MA-1 Fire Control Systems, this and the fact that many of the missles were fired "outside of parameters" leads inescapably to the conclusion that "we" (both the SF1/2 community and TK) may have been entirely too hard on certain aspects of performance (low Accuracy, LockOnChance, Reliability, NoiseRejection, and CounterCounterMeasures values). Realistic modeling might be better realized by limiting TurnRate, SeekerFOV, SeekerGimbleLimit, and SeekerTrackRate; in other words they should probably have a much higher probability of intercept when used in their intended role against large, non-manuvering targets like Soviet bombers than against small nimble fighters. They did not have proximity fuses, being contact fused they would actually have to hit the target in order to pass their OpEvals and be accepted for use. This may sound naive, but I find it hard to believe the Air Force would have flown F-102s and F-106s as long as they did if they thought they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. When used in their intended role, fired from aircraft equipped with the proper FCS I'm thinking these missles should really be much more potent in the SF universe than they are at present. Needless to say, any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Edited by SupGen

Aaack! Paulo, I just saw your review, I cannot take credit for fixing any shadow issues. Razbam must have fixed those. Glad you like the rest of it, though.

About shadows: maybe you have a later version of RAZ pack than mine because your files fixed mine changing lods in use (I think). Before the plane nose wasn't showed. So anyway thank You.

About Rockets: After Exp.2 we have the AA Rocket in game. As for Mighty Mouse, my suggestion was only to switch to AA so they can be found alongside the IRM & SAHR. I don't know as this will impact on avionics. As they were only unguided rocket I think that it'ld be no problem.

PS: I'm making a plenty of new skins (12 from ANG).

just a quickie fix..

i noticed some are pointo the a destroyred phantom model..try this insead (at least it's a delta wing!)

DestroyedModel=Mirage_Destroyed.LOD

DestroyedEffect=VehicleFireEffect

• Like 1

Just bought the 102 yesterday after seeing this pack, had shied away since Ron hadn't updated his mods with TK's constant patching. Now I only wish he'd originally modeled the 106 as well. Going to be spending quite some time in this bird over the next few weeks. :biggrin:

Craig

To lower the front gear to the ground try this settings for it:

RollingRadius=0.28

Hey, any of you guys read the second part of post #6 above? That part's new and I'd really like some feedback from people. Has the Falcon been unfairly maligned for all these years?If it has, something may have to be done about it. :diablo: On another note, I've managed to remove that evil hood from the radar display, would anyone be interested? Before I get jumped on, yes I think it looks good. Hell, I think it looks great! For a static cockpit. It doesn't have any relation to what a real 102 pilot would have seen once he leaned forward and placed his helmet/visor against it. He would have been able to see the whole radar screen; we can't unless we remove the hood. The next update will feature that, as well as limiting the loadout to AIM-4As, 4Cs, and 26As and Bs. The missles will also be upgraded somrwhat to reflect the issues discussed above.

Paulo, while we're here, would it be O.K. to package your old Skin Pack with this? Still looks Schweet, just needs minor edits in the main ini.

Edited by SupGen

Paulo, while we're here, would it be O.K. to package your old Skin Pack with this?

As I'm going to edit/upgrade my skin pack adding Turkish, Greek, ANG (including George W. Bush) and several new FIS squadron .......