RAF_Louvert

WOFF Release Date Is On The Calendar!

WOFF_Release_Date.jpg

2013! WOOOO HOOOO!

Kidding. You know I love you Devs, and all that you are doing. Just keeping things light around here. :grin:

Great calendar, Lou - just the one the devs needed.

I bet every day has 28 hours, and weekends are cancelled?

The perfect soundtrack to this:

CURVE - Till the Cows come home

Edited by Olham

Wife admits to a mistake? Is this a joke? :glare:

A nice advent calender....looking forward to enjoying a bite of Snipe! :)

Finally! The year is looking brighter every day now! :beach:

Ah yes!!! I can see April Fools 2013 has come way early!! :crazy:

Hey guys been away from the Flight sim world for about 3 to 5 years now, looking to join up and fly again. Need to find where to get the disc or where to download Over Flanders. Any thoughts of how I can get back in the cockpit again.

Not sure if there is any Red Baron III flyers out there but was with J9 and flew as Witzer.

Let me tell you that if the 25th happens for me I'll personally buy each of you a copy of WOFF. Hell freezing over and a polar reversal is minor in comparison.

Good luck.

Very good! Just for an instant there, when I saw the title ...

My wife thought the 25th was funny as well ... you know ... in that 'many a true word spoken in jest' kind of way.

Need to find where to get the disc or where to download Over Flanders.

Any thoughts of how I can get back in the cockpit again.

You will find it all at www.overflandersfields.com , Witzer!

Welcome back, pilot!

Not sure if there is any Red Baron III flyers out there but was with J9 and flew as Witzer.

Here are many former Red Baron 3D flyers, and some of the dev team

had been involved in that great sim as far as I know.

Hello J9 Witzer :)

OFF is best for single player campaign play - very much like an updated RB3D in this respect, particularly with the mods that are available (check out Lothar's OFFice super mod, but this requires both OFF and HITR). OFF: you can order the DVD disc, view PC specs and download the HITR expansion pack from here: http://www.overfland...ds.com/info.htm

Most old RB online players have gravitated to RoF (Rise of Flight) for online play - plenty of squads that you can join, although I don't think there is much in the way of organised campaigns. Google 'Rise of Flight' and you will find the site, where you can check out the squads: the basic demo version of the game is free, but you pay for extra aircraft (I think you just get two with the demo version) and additional features.

Bletchley (RAF28/US95 Bletchley)

Edit: You will also need CFS3 - best version to buy is the DVD version, as once OFF has extracted the files that it needs from this you do not need a disc in the drive to play OFF (you do not need to even install CFS3, just put the DVD disc in the drive when the OFF installer requests it: then you can shelve it or even sell it). OFF + HITR costs about $30 now, discounted as WOFF (OFF2) is in the wings, but has been for some time (no release date yet). CFS3 DVD is very cheap on Amazon or ebay.

B.

Edited by Bletchley

Argh! That was a cruel hoax, Lou. Accurate, I'm sure, but...

DAMMIT!! I had when Hell freezes over in the pool. I was off by one day!!!!

,,,Or perhaps more than one!

that's a beautiful piece of work......thanks for the perspective!!!!

Hey guys been away from the Flight sim world for about 3 to 5 years now, looking to join up and fly again. Need to find where to get the disc or where to download Over Flanders. Any thoughts of how I can get back in the cockpit again.

Salute Witzer...miss U and the FiF games. I too have moved on to ROF, but not much happening there. I am waiting for WOFF here like many others, but its hard not to get into ROF while waiting though. I personaly dont care for OFF these days as it has just tooo many little quirks that bather me. Try ROF, its free, at first, and takes a little getting used to. If you like it, then you can buy planes...but wait for the big sales which come every 3 or 4 months.

Led

Edited by lederhosen

OFF is the spiritual successor of red baron 3d. especially with offbase. so if you seek a great campaign and want to be part in ww1, then there is one choice really. for MP and flying about in the sake of flying a ww1 aircraft without really beeing involved, then there are other sims. but that's another topic in other forums, not here in a OFF forum.

I'm just glad he wasn't influenced by the Mayans!

I'm sorry RAF, but I must say that your calendar is completely inaccurate. Hell will Freeze Over long before the Wife Admits She Was Wrong. :biggrin:

But other than that....well done my friend. very well done indeed.

Yeah, some reordering may be in order, but still a wonderful work! I'd put "Pigs Fly" and maybe even "Entropy Reverses" ahead of the US National Debt being paid, but that's just cranky old me. And Hellshade is probably correct, though I've had a few grumbling acknowledgements that while she wasn't wrong, at least I was partly right...

Hang in there, Dev's, we're pulling for you!