Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

Military Question. British Uniform

Hey I was looking at various videos of guard changings. American and British. During the British video I noticed some were black unfiorms.

What is the significance of these uniforms what is theiir symbolysim?

apr09_32.jpg

Those are Sandhurst cadets. They are not black they are dark blue. the only regiment of the British Army that wears black No.1 Dress is the Royal Tank Regiment.

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

Cool. Thank you for taking the time to answer that.

But in answering one question another is raised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kr6KstzpHVk#t=78s

Why would cadets stand guard at the palace? To me that's a like a recruit standing guard at the white house.

Edited by Skyviper

No. It is the graduation parade in the picture you posted. In the vid, the guys in the blue are probably the Royal Horse Artillery. The dudes in the red with the big bear skin hats are the from the Guards. They have a ceromonial as well as combat role. Every Regiment of the British Army has it's own distinct uniform. One could go mad trying to figure it all out.

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

Oh okay. Thank for setting things straight.

Watched a parade where the Queen recognized the colors of the 1st armored regiement (the Qeen's Birthday March). I couldn't tell if she looked ticked off or happy. They kept saying she was happy but she just looked like she was angry or something.

No, that's pure joy. You should see her when she's upset. It's like Medusa on a bad hair day.