How difficult would it be for me to swap out the trees for the ones from Stary's latest CE tiles?

All you have to do is "fix" the new intended Terrain_data.ini file, import the new tree tod files and tree.bmps to your intended Terrain folder.

I have used his trees from other modded terrains, in completely different terrains, so it is not difficult, just time consuming getting eveything correct.

If I'm not mistaken, he's using the same trees in his Korea V3 terrain tileset/

If I'm not mistaken, he's using the same trees in his Korea V3 terrain tileset/

They seem larger in the Korea tiles. I'll give swapping them a try.

And, what exactly does a TOD tile do?

Determines the type, size and layout of non-lod terrain objects (such as trees, buildings, and telephone poles). If the Korea terrain is not using the GemanyCE layout, then you'll may find trees and houses sprouting out of rivers, runways, and roads.

Korea uses Germany tiles and naming conventions

Hmm... tried replacing Korea files like KOREA_alpha_forest.tga with Germany files renamed as such, as they corresponded to the Korea3_Data.ini, but no changes yet.

Because, as I mentioned earlier, it's the TOD files that determine the size of a terrain object, not the TGA files.

did you swap out the TODs too? They're all linked to each other

Just Swapped the TODs. That made it work.

Thanks yall.

Can't say i recommend it. I will fly around awhile and see which way I prefer. I have a feeling Ill go back to the way it was before. Glad i backed up my Terrains/Korea3/ folder. :good:

Ohh I'll re-release the smaller versions (downscaled TODs) in free time, as recently I had time for some Korea(3) flying it's bugering me too -especially as my Germany version turned out quite ok

• Like 1