Sign in to follow this  
Do335

aircraft upgrade, is THIS correct and... why?

so in a campaign, a F-80 using set of skins in folder "A" for example, is upgrading to F-84 using skins in folder "B". here's what i (painfully) found: Unless... the F-80 also has set of skins in a folder called "B", the upgrade won't go thru?

is this correct and why as it seems ridiculous to me....

Edited by Do335

I'd assume it has something to do with the squadron.

FC

FastCargo why don't you answer my massage?

How extremely rude to hijack someone else's post!

• Like 2

hehe... for a moment i thought i hit the jackpot or summin:)

FastCargo why don't you answer my massage?

Because FastCargo doesn't want to give Happy Endings during massages? :D

morteza1374, the reason I don't answer is that I tend to be select in who I respond to and what I respond about.

I normally respond to folks via PM who are my friends, fellow modders, moderators, and admins, and people who have been part of the CA community for a long time. I will also respond to folks if they are having very specific issues with the website that shouldn't be brought up in public. Most other things, I prefer the request or issue be posted publicly in the appropriate part of the forum...that way all can benefit. If I don't respond there, it usually means I don't have the time, or I'm not interested, or both. If I don't respond in public, then it's a virtual certainty I am not going to respond via private message on the same topic.

Now, back to the topic at hand....I believe the squadron has to remain the same when a base gets an upgrade. I'm not sure though.

FC

• Like 1

I believe the squadron has to remain the same when a base gets an upgrade. I'm not sure though.

well i tried everything i can think of... squadron entry in textureset.ini is the same, campaign unit data reference an entry in squadron list using "squadron=" and with/without "unitname=" but no avail. the skin folder name has to match. i suppose that's why in tk's and eburger's big release packs all the skin folders have generic names like "USAFSilverX" etc... but i can be wrong..

Maybe it has something to do with the date in the textureset.ini of the skins? :blink: