Hi all, trying to get my rear gunner postion in a SBD Douglas Dauntlass Pacific Theatre to be facing the right way i.e the rear, at moment the gunner is facing the front like the pilot using SFP1 update V6 and PilotWW2Navy data as both pilot and Gunner! hope you can help

Cheers

Flightdude

there should be a specific Rear Gunner folder , just have to look for it

Edited by Veltro2k

Hi Veltro2K, thanks for your time in responding to this! I downloaded Wolf's aircraft pack in which SBD was one of the many Pacific aircraft for USN IJN and just rechecked the folder of SBD and can not see a rear gunner folder in the main folder I downloaded from Combat Ace web site fantastic site I might add!!! so not to sure what happened to this folder it has all the other main files for this aircraft to operate within SFP1 I tryed to look at the SBD_Data file and see if I could adjust from there but cant do !!

Flightdude

Greetings, Flightdude

There's a discussion in the WWII PRop Heads Forum that might be helpful to you --

http://combatace.com/topic/65316-g4m2-tail-and-crew-model/

Basically, Veltro2K is correct. "Pilot" crewmember models always face forward.

You need a "Gunner" model for the rear gunner.

Scroll down to the discussion in the thread above that shows a snippet from a _Data.ini file with entries for Pilot and Rear Gunners. Look for a .lod (not a folder) in your SFP1 \Objects\Aircraft (or in the Dauntless folder itself) for something named "Gunner" (or including "gunner" in its name) and substitute the name of that file in your Dauntless_data.ini for "PilotWWIINavy" in your rear gunner position.

DARoot

Cheers DARoot, had a look and yes interesting I managed to find some rear gunners and put them in script and works ! so nice one !!

flightdude....