Hello. Does a Soviet skin exist for the P-40E or later models, Red Fleet aviation if possible, or is someone working at the moment on such matter? Thank you for your answers...

for the DAT's P-40E??

not that I'm aware of

however, it's mapped exactly like another one, and I got the template from simmerspaint shop. iirc, it's called "p-40e-m template.psd". If you want, I have it

Thank you, Wrench. I'm clearly not a graphical modder in the heart, but I have other tinker ideas: on these land-lease planes, the red star often covered the US roundel without fully erasing it. A new Decals file on a green/brown skin like Starfighter2's (ET 449 with red spinner) should fix the problem...

By the way, I'm just finishing a campaign for Wings over Russia, covering the Crimean offensive in April-May 1944, that will require the user to download a few additional planes from Capun's: the BV-138, the Boston and adequate Soviet skin, and yes, the P-40E (actually P-40M of the Black Sea Fleet). But I can't find the original model any more at Capun's (that, or the grease on my glasses has intoxicated some parts of my brain!): the model I use and work on comes from Wings over Africa. Where should I give instructions to download the P-40E from, please?

so, it's like my VVS Airacobra .. blue background, with red star. In all 6 positions?

it's a DAT only aircraft, so ....

it has to come from them. It should be still available from there ??? I guess!! You can always ask Ceaser!

alternatively, if folks have WoA, and can just copy/paste the relevant file (all the inis, cockpit, etc) to use the new Sov skin

Sure. Anyway, having Wings over Russia means that the user is already registred at Capun's, so no problem for downloading models from the site or copying them from WoA, Now just need to ask Starfighter2 for using his skin, er, his Kittyhawk skin I mean.

And yes, red star in all 6 positions I suppose, for like the Airakobra, very few Kittyhawks I could see schemes had red stars on the tail...

This site might help:

http://www.asisbiz.com/P-40-RAF-SAAF.html

You should be able to save any skin you want (right click on the image and 'save as') and then add any appropriate .ini files, decals etc.

I did these for my own personal use in my Wings Over Russia install

img00021.jpg

img00022.jpg

This site probably has loads of suitable skins too:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads2&c=403