Sign in to follow this  
Teras

what just happend?

installed strike fighters 2 ( SF2.E.V.I.N ) along with EXP1&2 and Compaign customizer and patched it to apr12 , copied my backup folder of Thirdwire to saved game folder ( windows 8 ) but now when i launch any of the titles i don't see my mods

any clues?

Did u run the exe file first?...if not run game...exit and go to the saved games folder and it should be there then

yes i did run the game before i copied my backup to saved game folder , i even renamed thirdwire folder to something else and run the game a new folder generated so i copied my mods to the new folder generated by the game but theres no joy still the same problem the game doesn't show my mods only stock things

and BTW i installed strike fighter on partion D

Edited by Teras

Have you changed the path for the mods folder in the options.ini of the specific Game Sim?

Edited by Soulfreak

no options.ini file in game directory , where is that file?

After you have run the EXE file, it will create the addon dir.

Example: Strike Fighters 2 NA.EXE will create the addon dir ....Thirdwire/StrikeFighters 2 NA (I have XP)

you will find the options ini in the root of this addon dir. All mods will refer to this as "The Add-on Dir or folder".

If you rename the EXE, it will create a new addon dir with the changed name. This way you can make back ups or clean addon folder for a bigger mod. Like... Strike Fighters2 Falklands for example

Oh, FYI, if you enounter such... If you don't have a specific folder within this Add-on folder, and the mod readme forgot to write, usually these are the subfolders of your add-on folder

Controls

Effects

Flight

Objects

PilotData

Screenshots

Sounds

Speech

Terrains

And within Objects folder you should have

Aircraft

Decals

GroundObjects

Guns

Pilots

Weapons

Not that some files will be in the root of certain folders (like tracersX.tga). If the addon maker packed it right, you only have to copy the stuff into your add-on root.

Edited by Snailman

snailman you didn't understand my issue , i already know all what've you said the problem is the game doesn't show my mods that i installed it on add-on folder in saved games folder ( windows 8 pro )

Do the mod folders contain the old options.ini and version.ini from the previous install?

in your save folder there his a options ini at bottom there his this

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=C:<----------------------to D: \Users\xxxxxx\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2

Editors=StrikeFighters2

[screenShots]

Directory=C:<--------------same thing \Users\r\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\ScreenShots

Format=JPG

and watt MigBuster sayed

Do the mod folders contain the old options.ini and version.ini from the previous install?

yes they do

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=C:<----------------------to D: \Users\xxxxxx\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2

Editors=StrikeFighters2

[screenShots]

Directory=C:<--------------same thing \Users\r\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\ScreenShots

Format=JPG

and watt MigBuster sayed

thanks cocas i will try

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Editors=StrikeFighters2

[screenShots]

Format=JPG

and watt MigBuster sayed

Teras, yours needs to say Directory=D: Blah/Blah/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2.

okay got it working by removing old option.ini files thanks everybody

Edited by Teras