Sign in to follow this  
Stipe

(Not)realistic speed

Hello. I have a question. Why is every aircraf in all the thirdwire series, the speed of the aircraft is much lower than in the real world, for example:

Real. In the game (in machs,metric)

F-22. 2.25. 1.58

F-15. 2.5+. 1.71

Jas 39 2.0. 1.18

MiG-29. 2.25+. 1.01 (in dive)

And every other plane i have except hellicopters.

Whats up with that and how can i change the Max. Speed?

Thanks.

Edited by Stipe

Hello. I have a question. Why is every aircraf in all the thirdwire series the speed of the aircraft is much lower than in the real world, for example:

Real. In the game (in machs,metric)

F-22. 2.25. 1.58

F-15. 2.5+. 1.71

Jas 39 2.0. 1.18

MiG-29. 2.25+. 1.01 (in dive)

And every other plane i have except hellicopters.

Whats up with that and how can i change the MAX. Speed?

Thanks.

Published top speeds will only be acheived in a Jet with:

A.no weapons/pylons hanging off it (aka Clean)

B.probably with about half its internal fuel

C. At high altitude ~32,000ft to 50,000ft

Also what did you calculate those Mach figures from? The default speed is normally in given as Indicated Airspeed (IAS) - at high altitude the figure will be misleading - for example ~830 KIAS for M2.0 for example

are you sure you're operating at an altitude that would allow real world speed? Too high or Too low, you're not gonna get Max Speed.

Im not a wizzard at English, but i think what you dont understand is thar the figures are in Km/H.

are you sure you're operating at an altitude that would allow real world speed? Too high or Too low, you're not gonna get Max Speed.

When i go for max. Speed , I usualy fly at 20 000ft., with a striped down plane.

Edited by Stipe

Moraš biti na pravoj visini, recimo mig-29 će na razini mora ići jedva nešto malo preko 1 mach ali na 10 000m će potegnuti do 2,25 bez problema.

Guys I just explained him relations between speed and altitude in short...

Skužio sam od "Migbustera"

• Like 1

Moraš biti na pravoj visini, recimo mig-29 će na razini mora ići jedva nešto malo preko 1 mach ali na 10 000m će potegnuti do 2,25 bez problema.

thats what I wanted to say... The MiG-29 is on of the planes I tested a lot, and it indeed showe adequate performance... It is matter of modelling, however, in case of addon craft it may not be accurately done. But most of the case our add-ons are well done in this matter.

Speed in this game depends on a lot of factors... mainly aerodynamic drag and thrust altitude tables, against engine power.

I reached 3.1 Mach in the XB-70 and the MiG-29 that followed me got to 2.4.

Success!!

Edited by Stipe