Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Plan on going swimming anytime soon, Jedi Master?

Here is the track of Mary Lee, who's grown to a weight of thirty four hundred and sixty three. For 15 years, she's kept her virginity. That's not a bad record, for this vicinty. :biggrin:

Mary Lee, an almost 3500 lb white shark that was tagged off Cape Cod, has decided to swim to Florida for the winter. You can follow her daily movements here:

http://sharks-ocearch.verite.com/

Zoom in, and you'll see how close she's come to the beach on a few occasions.

• Like 1

Does it have frikking lasers on its frikking head?

When I read the first sentence I had a tottaly different picture in my head... :P

BTW, loving the sharks. Just watched the Sharkman documentary the other day and was blown away!

When I read the first sentence I had a tottaly different picture in my head... :P

BTW, loving the sharks. Just watched the Sharkman documentary the other day and was blown away!

It's a spoof on a line from the movie "Jaws". It seemed appropriate considering the circumstances and the subject.

• Like 1

I'm not going in the water for several reasons:

1, it's winter. I don't care that it's Florida, the water is warm enough for me maybe from July-Sept max.

2, it's the ocean. I like fresh water, I despise salt water, and I'm not a big fan of the sand!

3, sharks aren't normally a big issue, I think we have more whale and dolphin beachings than shark attacks, but there are plenty of other things hiding under the sand or swimming near shore that are.

This just reinforces my choice!

Man alive! that's a big fish. After going to watch the open water swimming in the Serpentine during the London 2012 Olympics, I decided to take up the sport at amateur level. My first event is in June. The most I'll have to worry about are some bolshy Geese!