hi , im kinda new to strike fighters, but i have got it all modded up with loads of panes, but i cannot seem to get the A - 6A working, i have done what i usually have to do, and the cockpit zip has been unzipped properly , and i have seen the intruder ingame, but it is not flyable, and not in the aircraft list, please help people!!! :help:

thatnks

andy

Have you scrolled down the list?

iirc it is under G for Grumman A6

its still not there , im runni ng sfp1 sp3. , do u think u could post the a-6a object file, so i can just copy it in, because i have no idea what else is the problem

Guest grayraven

I just did a test extract of the A6 to a test folder, then extracted the cockpit zip, Check to see if the cockpit folder is inside the A6 folder. When I did the test The cockpit folder was placed "Outside" of the A6 folder thus the AC won't show up in the listing.

no its realy in there. i have named the folder 0bjects/Aircraft/A-6A then all the stuff in it, and also a folder which i made called cockpit with all cockpit stuff in it

I get the same thing...Ive been doing this addon aircraft for quite some time. Perhaps a new set of instructions should me made for this addon.

Guest grayraven

Try editing the A6 ini to this

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=A-6A Intruder

Also check the CockpitData.ini,

Should look like this:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=A6cockpit

Position=-0.35,2.55,0.74

ViewAngles=0.0,-2.0,0.0

Edited by grayraven

Guest grayraven

Check the A-6A.ini it should be the same as this:

[AircraftData]

AircraftDataFile=A-6A_DATA.ini

CockpitDataFile=A-6A_COCKPIT.INI

HangarScreen=A-6A_HANGAR.BMP

LoadoutImage=A-6A_LOADOUT.BMP

LoadoutFile=A-6A_LOADOUT.INI

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=A-6A_AVIONICS.ini

If you renamed all the files and the A-6A folder is in the /Objects/Aircraft folder (with the cockpit folder in the A-6A folder and the cockpit data entry changed that I posted befor) , then their has to be something "misspelled" somewere.

WHERE IS THE COCKPIDDATA.INI, ITS NOT THERE, I HAVE A a-6A_COCKPIT, AND A-6A.INI AND A-6A_DATA , PLUS A FEW LOADOUT 1NS,

Guest grayraven

There should be only 1 Loadout.ini, Check to see if the cockpit.ini got renamed by mistake. If you have a file named "A-6A_LOADOUT(1).INI"

Open it with Notepad and see if it is the cockpit file. If you have more then one file selected when you Rename a file windows will add (1) to the 2nd file . I found this out the hard way,"Drove me NUTS", If it is the cockpit file then Rename it A-6A_COCKPIT.INI

If that not the case then just extract it from the zip.

nope none of that . here is a picture of the file , please help, maybe it will enlighten some 1. if not will some1 just post thier a-6a file and let me copy it into my directory . thanks

nope none of that . here is a picture of the file , please help, maybe it will enlighten some 1. if not will some1 just post thier a-6a file and let me copy it into my directory . thanks

A_6a.bmp

Guest grayraven

Your bmp is correpted, Try agin.

These are the .INI's

A_6A_inis.zip

Edited by grayraven

Hello,

This should fix your problem, broke down into steps..

1. Unzip the A-6 A folder.

2. Copy the A-6 A Folder to your Strike Fighters/Objects/Aircraft folder

3. Once its in your aircraft folder, rename the A-6 A folder to A-6A

4. Make sure each of these matchs up to those in the A-6A Folder

Here is my Aricraft Data, I had to rename some of the inis to match.

[AircraftData]

AircraftDataFile=A-6A_DATA.ini

CockpitDataFile=A-6A_COCKPIT.INI

HangarScreen=A-6A_HANGAR.BMP

LoadoutImage=A-6A_LOADOUT.BMP

LoadoutFile=A-6A_LOADOUT.INI

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=A-6A_AVIONICS.ini

So if the A-6A_COCKPIT.ini reads A-6 A_COCKPIT.ini rename it to A-6A_COCKPIT.ini

Monty had to name it A-6 A with a space because WOV already has an A-6A, but in Strike Fighters there is no stock A-6A, so there is no need for the Space.

Hope this makes sense.

Cylix=JW=

ok, i think i may of have found an issue the cokpit was a-6 a not a-6a, il try it in a second,but here is the screenshot of the folder

Doc1.doc