Sign in to follow this  
Azref

What are the Must Have Mods?

Hi folks

I recently started playing Strike Fighters 2 after a friend pointed me in it's direction. I enjoyed it so much i purchased the entire SF2 series over the holidays, however I'm finding the terrain and clouds very unappealing to the eye.

So far i've downloaded Stary's SARCASM 1.4, which has made a vast improvement to the clouds and sky, but what else would you reccomend downloading?

The Reloaded Community mod looks good but is that all I would need to download to improve the terrain?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Okay I will advise the following...

NATO 5

Operation Desert Storm

Vietnam Gold Mod (I think) it makes life over Vietnam a little harder.

The Scandinavian Front (TSF)

Falklands Mod

and lastly but by no means least

KOREA !!! and all the mods to addon to it...

This will pretty much keep you happy for a long time... Though as a new member it will take you some time to download them all. Failing go for a subscription (reminds me I need to make one)...

A number of full pack mods is available so it depends on your taste which you're gonna add. NATO Fighters, Operation Desert Storm, Scandinavian Front, Korea, Operation Darius, Falklands are some of your choices.

Reloaded Mod and Sarcasm 1.4 are good choices as they improve the stock game. I suggest you to add Stary's latest GermanyCE HR terrain, SAM and AAA Packs.

NATO mod for starters, as for planes, don't be too jumpy, taste the base pack, then add The Mirage Factory and Ravenclaw's ones (Buccaner is a must have!)

also Gerwin's old-format Iceland in case the North Atlantic one doesn't do it for you

and welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Thanks for the mod reccomendations, I was also wondering if there was a tutorial campaign available for Strike Fighters 2. I've been trying to learn the controls and tactics but am struggling a bit as i'm more used to games like IL2 Clod, Wings of Prey and Rise of Flight.

I think the B-70 mod is totally worth it. Carrying B-52 sized payloads at mach 3.5.