Hi, i have a problem with Strike Fighters 2 add-ons, i have downloaded couple of add-on planes from this site, and installed them properly, but when i start the game, it starts all right, everything works OK, add-ons show up in the menu, so i pick the aircraft and when i click on FLY it starts loading and then it freezes at 70% and after some time it crashes, this happens with add-ons ONLY, default planes work normally. What is causing this? If anyone can help, please, it would be very much appreciated, thanx in advance.

There are so many reasons...question, what are your computer specs, and which aircraft did you download. And did you install them properly.

FC

My specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate

2.00 GB RAM Memory

Intel pentium dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz Processor

Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT Card

Planes are:

MIG_29G

Hornet 2 Seat Beta Base 1.1

KoreanVipers

MIG_29C

Blk4042Viperpack

Blk5052Viperpack

In the manual it says "Drop into your C:\Users\xxxxxx\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters XXXXX" so i did it like that. Thanks.

Hmmm...your specs aren't great, but aren't that bad...that 2 GB of RAM hurts a bit.

Do NONE of the addon aircraft work?

FC

I know it's an old PC, the game itself runs great, i have no issues, just NONE of the add-on is working, game loads up to 70% and then it crashes...

I'd say turn down all your graphics options to minimum, then try to see if any of the addons will load.

FC

@ FastCargo: I tried turning down the graphics, still no go.

@ Soulfreak: I will try every terrain, then will get back to you.

I would say its caused by the 2GB RAM, you need definatly more for addon aircrafts. Have tested it on my machine with 2GB, 3GB, 3,5GB and 4 GB best result was with 4 GB

Hmm Fulcrums should work regardless as other add-on's on that list are a bit heavier on texture load, still 2GB RAM should be error-free if ran on stock terrains...

If it continues to fail at 70%, try removing those add-ons and run one by one, Fulcrums first, then try the Vipers and Hornets...

Well, i deleted all the addon, then installed them one by one, first i installed the two migs, they worked ok, after that i installed vipers and that's where the trouble starts, the game this time loads, it don't crash, but when the game starts there is no aircraft visible, only rockets are visible, virtual cockpit loads properly and the aircraft just hangs in the air, it's not moving, the throttle on my joystick is at max, but in the bottom left it says 0%, the game runs fine, enemy planes are attacking me, but i can't move, i can't do anything. The same thing happens with F-18...

Somethings missing basically - what F-16s are you using? - where did you download them from?

Can you get a shot of the files in the F-16 folder?

Hey, today i installed everything from scratch, even the system and addons seem to be working now, thanx for your help guys.

sounds like you maybe had a bad instal of add on a\c glad u fixed it

Hey guys, i have just one more question, is there a way to turn off those red and blue letters appearing above friends and enemy? Thanx

Set gameplay to normal...not easy

Options>Gameplay>simulation Difficulty

at bottom

Edited by russouk2004

Hey guys, i have just one more question, is there a way to turn off those red and blue letters appearing above friends and enemy? Thanx

if you have a custom simulation difficulty, set HUD to Normal or Hard