Sign in to follow this  
stingray77

What makes aircraft selectable in SF2?

I know there's the knowledge-base, but maybe you can just give me a quick hint where to look for the glitch...

It wasn't before yesterday that I realized that the Skyraiders coming with the Vietnam Gold are not available for selection in my SF2V - a comparison with back-ups of earlier (and working) installs don't show me differences in the mod/aircraft/a-1-folders - it appears it's all there: A-1.ini, A-1_Data.ini and all the rest...

So what exactly makes ac appear in the list of selectable aircraft in the game?

Thanks, mates.

Oliver

1) A cockpit.

2) Proper year span...those are the biggies.

FC

3) Player flyable from the factory (ie: 3rd Wire) Skyraiders, though stock, are not. Just like the Red Air birds.

and even when a cockpit is added to the normally AI-controled birds, random game engine main ini rewrites will again render them non player flyable. Hence, the use and need for a backuped/renamed main ini for my (patent pending) "One Click Restore ini"

'Kay - thanks, FC.

I checked and the cockpit folder is in there - but I will double-check that there's also an entry in the .ini pointing to it... Maybe/hopefully that will be it (for all the A-1 models) already...

Thanks again!

Just read your post, Wrench. Hm, to understand correctly: running the stock game creates the mod folder, including whatever data for A-1 - when I mod it then, those mods will be overwritten again? No... (Didn't happen in the past...) So I "just" need to make sure that my mod-folder has all it needs (like a cockpit and the .ini pointing to it).......

Right?

Does the name of the skyraider folder (inside aircraft folder) match with the name of the aircraft.ini?

fe.:

Folder Name is A-1H_68

then the Ac ini name must be A-1H_68.ini

open that main main ini, after you add the lines for the cockpit and avionics (if needed!), save and the "save as..."

xA-1H_66.ini

that way, when it DOES do it's weird little rewrite dance, you can just open itup and do the save as again, withOUT the x

as described here:

http://combatace.com/topic/55746-patching-made-easy-part-deux/

Got it - I was missing the whole bunch of entries: cockpit, loadout, hangar, loading, avionics dll and avionics data...

Have it back working now.

Thanks all!

Well if that were the stock Thirdwire Skyraider,

take care when you patch!

installing the patch causes that all stock ai aircraft you made flyable,

will be ai again due to updated stock inis / ini entries.

Ja, danke für den Hinweis!

Btw: by default I am getting the A-1 in clean configuration and have to select its armarment myself (despite loadout.ini and .tga being in the folder and assigned) - do you get it the same?

Soulfreak's first post; make sure the callout for the Loadout file exactly matches the name of the Loadout ini. in the Aircraft folder.

Now THAT's interesting: I am getting all the correct loadouts when selecting an aircraft from the Main Screen - but as soon as I re-select another aircraft (say from A-1H to A-1J or F-4B) in the "loadout-window" all the weapons go away and have to be manually re-applied...

Going back to Main Screen and into Single Mission brings everything back... I never noticed...

If you're selecting a different aircraft from the loadout screen menu, that is and always has been the default behavior in all flavors and versions of Strike Fighters. As far as I know, there is no workaround to that.

Thanks - I just never realized that it does it... Everything okay now! :biggrin:

Edited by stingray77

Thanks - I just never realized that it does it... Everything okay now! :biggrin:

That is something i don´t like since Strike Fighters Project 1.

Maybe we should request that from TK (if he will still works on the PC sim)