I have worked on this bird long time ago, with Ravenclaws, Florians, FC and Russos help and the problems on the MiG-29K I have managed to find a solution for my own Navy project. Some of you remember this bird.

current WIP shots:

msg-8289-0-06253600-1358551766.jpg

msg-8289-0-62321900-1358551774.jpg

msg-8289-0-18568700-1358551783.jpg

msg-8289-0-08828100-1358551791.jpg

msg-8289-0-36913500-1358551839.jpg

I still have some probs and I hope I get them solved with the help of the comunity. Its also ingame and the FM was done by JAT, im very satisfied with his work.

• Like 6

Wow,That would be a terriffic addition! Anyone who can help please do. :flyer:

Was hoping you would get back to this one :)

Don't suppose anyone knows why they went with side by side rater than tandem ala Su-30?

As I understand it this bird is the trainer for the Su-33 but is still a fully capable fighter in its own right.

Craig

YGordons book mentions Visibility, communication and easier to use the carriers VASI

• Like 1

I have no idea about the real life status of this bird. Seems the Su-33 is outdated for soviet carriers. This KUB is ment to be used asa Attack Plane so far I know

The KUB version evolved into Su-34 strike aircraft.

To be honest the Su-34 was created before the Su-33UB. The first flight of the Su-34 was in 1990 and at the time it was known as Su-27IB, then Su-32FN in the mid 90's and finally Su-34. The first flight of the Su-33UB happened only in 1999 and the name was Su-27KUB.

Looks great! So how is this different from VVS/PVO Su-34?

How many polys is that?

Thanks MB.

Aside from naval features, the main gear feature one wheel rather than 2, the tail boom is shorter and it has a different nose profile due to alternate radar. Dare say theres more than that but those are the features that stand out to me.

Craig

Will we ever see this bird in the download section Martin? :biggrin:

I would say yes! Im solving more and more problems so far. If you like I could send you the plane next month "unmapped" so you can cross check it and tell me what you like and what not. So I can work it out to the current SF2 addon standart. You are more familiar with it than me ;)

Only if you like

• Like 1

I would like, but I have too many projects ongoing, so that i won´t have time for anything more Martin....