Ive been testing the Mig-31BM in scripted missions as an AI opponent. I had noticed that the 31 would not engage BVR, so I set up a mission that puts us closing, nose on at 130 miles out. The 31 does not lock me up... nor does it appear to see me until with in 5 miles or so,then it corrects course to intercept and takes a heater shot at me.

I searched the forums and found lindr2's updates but still no joy.

This jet should lock me up and fire it's AA-9'S at extreme range, Does anyone have working data for the Mig-31BM?

there is a bug in its INI definition somewhere. I found it long ago. Once you you fix it, they become very lethal..

Which version are you using? Updated SF1 or Brain32's SF2 version?

Edit: I don't think the version matters. Try adding this line under RadarData: StartRangeSetting=5. Neither has it; without it the Radar turns on at RangeSetting[1]=10 (KMs), this would explain why it waits so long to react.

Edited by SupGen

The AI is not using the avionics ini at all, only the data in the DetectSystem section in the data ini.

Look there for missing lines or typos

Crusader wins the kewpie doll! The version does matter; Brain32's has the correct DetectSystem entries in the Data ini., all the earlier versions had this: RadarType=S-800Zaslon. That might be the RadarName but RadarType=AIR_INTERCEPT; just tested it and got locked up at around 50 miles (90KM); Foxhounds were making a beeline for me from all over the map! :blink:

Oh.... thanks!!!! I just had the same problem with the Yak-41, it failed to engage with SAHM, only IRM ..

• Like 1

Looking forward to the updated Yak, thanks for tuning it up.

Edited by Icarus999