Sign in to follow this  
gaw

does fuel loading mean a thing?

breifing room.......150 mi round trip....I load 100%fuel which is supposed to be 175 mi good to go........... and arrive back with 65% fuel left??? OK.....load 25% fuel...good for a 100mi round trip and still arrive home w/ fuel to spare after a 175mi rt mission. I use warp.........which I guess must skews the values and have noticed after landing that the fuel remaining is reducing fast on the info screen...before the mission complete screen takes over and locks out. I've never noticed any aircraft peformance changes whether or not I have full fuel or less...and would love to see this factored in w/ w4. Maybe it's the warp thing that skews the curve but I know I'm not the only one that hasn't time to fly real time....anybody else????

breifing room.......150 mi round trip....I load 100%fuel which is supposed to be 175 mi good to go........... and arrive back with 65% fuel left??? OK.....load 25% fuel...good for a 100mi round trip and still arrive home w/ fuel to spare after a 175mi rt mission. I use warp.........which I guess must skews the values and have noticed after landing that the fuel remaining is reducing fast on the info screen...before the mission complete screen takes over and locks out. I've never noticed any aircraft peformance changes whether or not I have full fuel or less...and would love to see this factored in w/ w4. Maybe it's the warp thing that skews the curve but I know I'm not the only one that hasn't time to fly real time....anybody else????

Hi Gaw;

Interesting Point, I never looked at this before. I use warp very often so I guess you just gave me a heads up. Tnx

Warping seems to mess up the fuel measuring.

I only have experience with the effects of fuel weight. I used to put only 50% or even 30% fuel

into my Albatros, and it felt and performed that much lighter and better.

thanks.....guess I'll poodle around with this some more....cheers

Warping seems to mess up the fuel measuring.

I only have experience with the effects of fuel weight. I used to put only 50% or even 30% fuel

into my Albatros, and it felt and performed that much lighter and better.

Olham;

How and where to you apply fuel loading if not directly in the flight model. Am I missing something in OFF P3 where you can specify fuel loading. All I see is an option to load bombs or rockets.

Best Regards;

Edited by rjw

If you aren't using OFFice and you don't mind not having ace skins in the game, OFF lets you choose how much fuel to load in the briefing screen before you start your mission, if I recall correctly.

Workshops...bottom half of the screen..."Other Options" at the bottom of the third column...you can choose between Unique Player Skins or Fuel and Bullet Loadout; you've chosen Skins, which nullifies the loadout option. I couldn't say where it shows up if it's enabled because I, too, choose the skins.

If memory serves (and it may not) I think I remeber reading that WOFF will allow both.

Workshops...bottom half of the screen..."Other Options" at the bottom of the third column...you can choose between Unique Player Skins or Fuel and Bullet Loadout; you've chosen Skins, which nullifies the loadout option. I couldn't say where it shows up if it's enabled because I, too, choose the skins.

If memory serves (and it may not) I think I remeber reading that WOFF will allow both.

Many thanks, I must be getting old age symptoms. I should have caught that. Lack of due diligence on my part!

Many thanks, I must be getting old age symptoms. I should have caught that. Lack of due diligence on my part!

RJW, that one caught me out as well, once, after I had done a reinstall. I must have selected fuel and bullet load out when I first installed OFF, and then took it completely for granted.