Stratos

Mission editor not FE2 compatible?

I have FE2 and the mission editor, but it seems as they can't work together, can someone confirm this please? I would have loved some missions created by me.

Thanks.

Hi Stratos i asked the same question the other day, I dont think it will, unless fe2 is patched up to the same date,as the patch the ME was in, before it was available as a standalone editor :angry:

Last patch for FE2 was Jul10, Mission Editor did not come out until Dec10. As a result, the Core "XXXX.dll's" do not match.

• Like 1

The only option that might work is porting over the terrain and aircraft from FE2 into a version of SF2 that supports the mission editor. Create your missions via SF2. Then copy the missions back over to FE2. But, I don't know if FE2 terrain and plains are supported well enough in the latest SF2 engine or whether the mission editor output will be fully compliant with the mission file standards of the earlier FE2 patch level. The key is that missions are simply text files anyway. Let SF2 do most of the work for you and if there are any minor incompatibilities, you should be able to edit or delete them.

That is a very good idea streakeagle. FE2 planes do not fly that well in SF2, but since you are only creating the missions to port back to FE2, it should not matter.