Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

Just completed my first homemade mission...

MAN! THAT was KEWL! :biggrin: It was a simple mission with me flying the A-10A from Sukhumi. The base is setup with both gunnery and missile defence. I have several trucks setup near the main tower for refuel and rearm. Approaching the base from approx. 20KMs away is a T-55 tank company. Also at a certain time a Russian helo appears in support of the tanks. I knocked out 4 tanks when the helo shows up and starts lobbing ATGMs at me. I use the terrain to get behind this beggar because he can outturn me. Fired one heat seeker at him at extreme range but it didnt make it to him. I watched it thinking it would hit but just before impact it falls from the sky! I fire another at closer range but apparently he managed to dodge it. Then I try my gun on him and get a hit in my first pass that takes off one of his weapons pylons. So now he is damaged and Im mostly outta ammo. I make a beeline for the base, passing over the survivors of the tank company. I make a quick firing pass at them with my gun getting some hits and then back to base where I make a very hot landing and taxi to the rearming area. Killing my engines I order fuel and ammo to go. While I am waiting, I hear the sounds of gunfire so switch to F7 view and watch at the T-55s start firing at my M163 vulcan defending the base. Fortunately, their aim is baaaaaaaad. Also in the meantime I see the helo come over the base. As he does so he takes a stinger from my avenger SAM. This brings him down to a rough landing near the base and I am rewarded with a message telling me he is destroyed though he is still just sitting out there just off the base. The tanks are drawing closer to the base so I do a quick taxi and takeoff and re-engage the T-55s. 3 maveriks, a gun pass, and a CBU-97 and they are finally toast. On the way home I fire the last Mav at the helo sitting on the ground and score a hit. Hope the crew wasnt in it... So now I finally land, taxi to parking and shut her down. Man that was cool! On exiting the mission of course DCS crashes so no track for you all. I really wanted to keep that one, woulda been cool. Oh well, gotta try that one again. :biggrin:

post-66-0-04145500-1359164801_thumb.jpg

post-66-0-35937300-1359164810_thumb.jpg

post-66-0-33606400-1359164819_thumb.jpg

post-66-0-42391600-1359164831_thumb.jpg

post-66-0-15809500-1359164842_thumb.jpg

Edited by pcpilot

Now that's a dive angle....

LOL! Yeah, guess Ive been playing the dauntlass lately in IL2 and its had its influence... ;) Actually, my level bombing pretty much sucked even with the visual que in the HUD. Soooooo. I tried this old fashioned method out and it worked pretty good. Chopped throttle, popped the airbrake and over I went. Dropped that CBU right in the middle of em. Later on I watched the A-10 weapons video I had downloaded and saw exactly how to use the HUD properly. Now level bombing has vastly improved. It didnt hurt to actually RTFM either... :flyer:

Edited by pcpilot

Yeah, unlike TK's "deliberately degraded" CCIP pipper, the ones in LOMAC and DCS have always been top notch.