Dave

Upgrades and Such to CombatACE

Fellas this is the deal, we are being forced to a new data center and the short of it all is that the upgrades are going to cost some bucks. Right now the kitty is bare. With Erik and his issue he had last year, he still hasn't been able to get back to work or he would put it in his credit card. They are going to crack him open again so we want to get this all done before they play "Operation" on him again. So you see the predicament? So if you have thought about a subscription, now is a good as time as any. Are we going to shut down? No. But this would sure help offset some costs. I'm putting money in on Thursday when I get paid. Erik IMHO shouldn't have to suck up this cost for an upgrade that we are given little choice on.

Remember when you contribute, we send a terrorist to meet his maker. So please think of the terrorists. :lol:

• Like 1

I will happily pitch in when I get paid as well... and Best wishes and best of luck for Erik...

I will do what I can but I'm not working.........

Well then do not worry about it. I know there is people who can though.

Well then do not worry about it. I know there is people who can though.

yeah but with what I'm going through right now I'm very greatful for having an outlet like this. i don't know when or what but I do want to give back.

No worries my friend.

Dave, is there a paypal link or a place to make a one time payment? The Army rotc stipend I got is limiting with the amount of stuff I have to buy for commissioning.

If I have any money left after my car inspection, I'll give what I can. Just got out of surgery myself, but I'm back to work now. It won't be much, times are tight right now. Sorry.

Dave, is there a paypal link or a place to make a one time payment? The Army rotc stipend I got is limiting with the amount of stuff I have to buy for commissioning.

http://combatace.com/subscriptions/

Go here my friend.

Will do. Been downloading stuff from here since middle school. About to graduate college in a few months. Never thought I'd be playing the same game this long!

I'll donate when I get payed on Friday.

hope my little donation will help a bit

good luck and cheers!

Thank you.

Mucho gracias....

Hi I sent 2franklins on their way and my membership will due to renewal next month but that option is not active yet om my board. renewal will be 69 and some change. Now thats all I can spare.

Thank you sir.

Signed up for another 2 years, least I could do after so many years.

Much Obliged sir.

A huge thanks to all who are helping out, what a tremendous load off of my shoulders! I have been working day and night since Monday getting ready for this event. Having to move all of our sites and the data associated with them is a huge undertaking. As most of you know when you've changed your own personal machines it just takes time. First it's loading the new OS then installing all your favorite programs and secondly moving all the files associated with them. Finally it's tweeking everything to the way you like it. It's very similar here with one exception. I have to do this all remotely via shell access. No pretty GUI to play around with just a monochrome console screen, so it gets kinda old.

I also want to let you know that you're going to experience some down time today and possibly tomorrow. Some of it will be longer than others but all in all I hope to keep things to a minimum. I think if anything the biggest issue we might have are the new IP addresses. Luckily I was able to get them a few days and they have already been populated in the DNS so moving to them *should* be seamless. So the outages are planned, no panicking allowed.

Take care and we'll see you on the backside of all this.

• Like 1

Thank you Erik... you do a marvellous and unsung job (I should know I work in IT) so from me at least many thanks... and I will raise a glass to it all being successful.

Thank you Erik... you do a marvellous and unsung job (I should know I work in IT) so from me at least many thanks... and I will raise a glass to it all being successful.

Hear, hear...well said that man.

with the defense cutbacks my task went away.

When SS kicks in a few months from now or I nail down something else to work on, I may be able to renew. For the moment, count me down but not yet out.