SF2 F-86F-40 Sabre Remod Pak

SF2 F-86F-40 Sabre Remod Pak

= For SF2 ONLY, Full-4/5 Merged (Full-5 Reccomended/Preferred) =

A remod/compliation of several F-86F Skin/Ini paks, now fully compliant with SF2. If you have the originals, you'll probably want to delete them, as THIS pack is designed to FULLY replace it.

It is also suggested you be at the latest patch level, due to some ini 'switches' used.

This pak contains the following skin/decal sets:

JASDF:

1 Kokutai

3 Kokutai

6 Kokutai

8 Kokutai

Imperial Iranian AF

Ethiopian AF

461st FDS, 50th FBW, USAFE 1956-ish (*note: in RL, was possbily -30 or -35)

and an extra 'blank' natural metal skin, that you can use for whatever.

Included:

NEW SF2 compliant FM (from KAW)

New 'sabre specific' HVAR A-G rocket (station specific coded)

NEW cockpit (from the KAW F-86F)

NEW Sounds (from KAW)

'fake pilot' wing fences

tweeks by Crusader for the KAW Sabres (well done Otto!!)

All skins are in jpg format, and decal randomization is set to TRUE. The loadout ini uses the Year and Nation specific loadout switches for some of the export users, as defined in the enclosed Userlist.ini. Damage textures are the same DDS units as seen with the KAW Sabres. Other than the 'new' rocket, no other weapons are included, excepting the drop tank.

As always, fairly easy to follow, yet semi-detailed install instructions are included. So, please read them. Also, please give the "Notes" section a read too.

Happy Hunting!

wrench

kevin stein

with thanks to PauloPanz for motivating me to finally finish this!!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/29/2013
  • Category

Or Rodan!!

Godzilla's son :biggrin:

memories of creature double feature back in early 80's channel 56 Boston

Edited by dsawan

eh... doesn't (obviously) F40 have extended wings without the fence?

• Like 1

well, do YOU have the correct lod someplace?? Cause I sure don't!!

cause the correct lod with 6-3, and slats don't exist. We use what's available

the fences were a 'left over", a simple text edit will remove them:

find the SystemName=

Fence1

Fence2,

and delete them. the fences will magicly vanish!

i dunno if the extended wing on 40s are still called 6-3 anymore...

speaking of which,, isn't there a 6-3 wing ala F30 model already available in the downloads, i don't understand using the fake pilot fence in the first place?... the 6-3 model even has less shadow probs

Edited by Do335

if you don't like it, delte it. It's that plane and simple.

I will NOT go through the same bulls**t that we had with Tazkiller over the KAW Sabres.

we work with what we have. There are NO other Sabre models available. Period

it's no wonder modders are bailing on SF2...

??

If the slatted version is permitted for use but the 6-3 version is not, that's a damn shame

??

If the slatted version is permitted for use but the 6-3 version is not, that's a damn shame

It's due to a shadow issue, and a time and talent issue.

1) The F-86 model lods are quite old (as models for this series goes), and have issues with shadows when used in SF2.

2) The talent (modeler) that was working on the F-86, had better and more important things to do with his PERSONAL time. Eventually, we'll get better models with bump & spec-mapping, opening canopies, etc.

The extended wing is still referred to as a 6-3, because it:

1) Has a 6" deeper chord at the root

2) Still only has a 3" deeper chord at the tip extension. How did they accomplish this, despite having the aforementioned 12" span extension added to each wing? That's your quiz for the day :bye:

f-40.jpg

Edited by Fubar512

my question was for the kaw F model sabre rather. there's a DL entry in the SF1 section

http://combatace.com/files/file/6253-usaflate-model-sabres/

it includes a model with fence built in, and even better with less shadow issues i.e. on the wing. there's another one in nato fighters, 1/3 of model size with fence built in. so i wonder why the KAW pak used one with fake pilot fence which looks a bit odd and wonder if it's copyright problems. looked around current flight sims i still found SF the best platform to present korea era. i understand what we have available is already scarce so why not try to use the best there is. as for the F40 obviously the choice is slatted model...

The extended wing is still referred to as a 6-3

rgr that

1. my question was for the kaw F model sabre rather. there's a DL entry in the SF1 section
    http://combatace.com...e-model-sabres/

it includes a model with fence built in, and even better with less shadow issues i.e. on the wing. there's another one in nato fighters, 1/3 of model size with fence built in. so i wonder why the KAW pak used one with fake pilot fence which looks a bit odd and wonder if it's copyright problems. looked around current flight sims i still found SF the best platform to present korea era. i understand what we have available is already scarce so why not try to use the best there is. as for the F40 obviously the choice is slatted model...

Wrong pylons

Very nice pack

My only concern is that the AI F86 are massacred by the AI Migs