Sign in to follow this  
paulopanz

F-102A Delta Dagger(*)

F-102A Delta Dagger(*)

SupGen work on this payware (but never upgraded) model urged me to complete and enhance my old skin pack. :hyper:

(*) This is not a complete plane: you will need the original Razbam ($$$) one to work.

What's in:

- a tonn of USAF, ANG, TuAF, HAF skins

- many squadrons have commander stripes in first plane

- George W. Bush

- edited old stock skins (112 FIG)

- edited my old skins (525 FIS)

- SupGen's data included

- new SF-2 Loadout.tga

- squadron patches

- numbers randomizers

- different start dates

- weapons added

- AA Rockets are AA rockets and the misplaced one put in place

:heat:

Credits:

- Razbam - as he made outstanding model

- SupGen - data editings (fantastic work mate)

TO INSTALL:

- Install your original add-on (maybe this time You will think You haven't wasted your money ....)

- copy the object folder in your mod folder and overwrite.

- That's all

Enjoy but "Cave Tigrim" !!!!

@ paulopanz :blind:

paulo, let me just start by saying THANK YOU for the 102nd FIS NYANG Skin; anybody who's paid any attention to my obsessions knows I'm a Long Island boy; born there, grew up there, had uncles and cousins who worked for both Grumman and Republic. For those who may have wondered about my little obsession with the Deuce, both the Air Force and the ANG flew it from Suffolk AFB,about 40-50 miles from my house as the crow (or Deuce) flies, the Air Force's 2nd and 5th FIS from 1956 (the year I was born) to 1960, and the NYANG's 102nd FIS from 1972 to 1975 (I graduated High school in 1974; sort of :blink: ), Convair, although a west coast company was a part of my youth as much as Grumman and Republic were. That being said, paulo your data ini.s are missing the SpecificStationCode=RAZ, that allows all kinda funny things to go on with the loadouts. The other thing (and this is my fault, I should have gotten in touch with you when I first read you were going to update this pack), I was working on one, final update to this magnificent aircraft; unfortunately it required renaming and consolidating the types of aircraft. It turns out that the Case XX Wing aircraft were the tail end of the late 50's production run, the (69) thing is totally wrong, not only that, but it was the most important modification made to the plane after the Area Rule. Nearly 350 aircraft (from October 1957) were produced to this standard and could fly higher, faster than the previous Case X Wing aircraft. paulo, I'm attaching my latest update; maybe you could integrate it with your beautiful skin-pack? (Also, the edit to Rocket Tray3 leaves a rocket hanging outside of the aircraft.) :biggrin:

Edited by SupGen

Oregon Guard! Hell yeah! I live right by the base and see their F-15s jet off all the time. AWESOME.

I'm attaching my latest update; maybe you could integrate it with your beautiful skin-pack? (Also, the edit to Rocket Tray3 leaves a rocket hanging outside of the aircraft.) :biggrin:

I saw your pack and I'ld glad to add your very last edits.

The skins in are the stock one and aren't needed (someone was little tweaked).

The same for the sound.

The weapons are in (I included the proper lods too)

You changed some file names and there is a bit of confusion, so please send me the files to change overwriting the previous ones inside the pack.

This way we all will have the same plane level.

But .... I haven't no rocket out of place now in my install ?!?

I'm very happy you find your favorite livery. I made each one I found .....

@ paul

paulo, if you read the Ultimate read-me, most of reasons/rationales behind changing file names are in there; F-102A production ended in late '58 early '59 so the whole idea of naming versions (60) or (69) is rediculous-all F-102A's were already flying. Production consisted of a very few F-102A's, (no tailhook), about 550 (plus or minus) Case X Wing aircraft, and about 338 or so Case XX Wings. All aircraft after Serial No. 56-1317 thru end of production were Case XX Wing aircraft. The problem is I can't find a source that breaks down Squadrons/Serial Nos., so I have no idea which Sqdrn's flew Case X's and which flew Case XX's. I don't know, flip a coin? In any event, please use the ini.'s in my pack as the ones in yours don't always match. Here also is the AIM-4F (somehow left it out) and a Loadout ini. for all Deuces. Any questions, please ask.

Understood now. I haven't read the right readme.

I will upgrade the pack witout changing folders/files names to make install easy for all the people. The in-game result will be what You wish. I will tweak also userlist inis.

About 2/3 low poly lods that Raz excuded in 60/67/69 and You restored in use, as it's seemed to remember, they are bugged: a black flickering thing appears after the left wing. So I left them aside and could be deleted too.

When it will be possible the V. 1.1 will be up.

@ paulo

Paulo you rock!

Thanks, Paulo. I left the other lods in so you could rem them out, or not, as you wished. Looking foward to this. Thanks again.

Paulo, I see in your profile "The Deuces are coming" and I'm very much looking foward to it.I have in the interim figured out how to get a lot more animations working in the cockpit than just the Launcher Extended Light. I'm attaching the almost finished update for your perusal (I'm just waiting for zeus67 at Razbam to provide a couple of mesh names so I can finish up). The folders are still named as in my last post; I understand your concerns with ease of use but if you watch this vidio from 16:50

(just found this) you'll see why I'd rather not use the original names for the different versions. All production was completed in '58/'59 it just rips my eyes out to see a '69 version. But...Hey, for the heck of it, check out this vid too;...very interesting stuff on the FCS.