gterl

Italian Front (WIP)

..not even beta release....but massive work in progress

Let's see how far it goes.

When (and I mean WHEN) it will be released I'll need the approval from a lot of ppl :-D

img00006-3.jpg

img00005-3.jpg

img00004-3.jpg

img00003-2.jpg

img00002-3.jpg

img00007-2.jpg

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!! :bowdown2:

Wow looks great gterl, im sure you will get all the approvals you need :biggrin:

Is it a new terrain using Jan Tuma's tiles? Or are you altering an existing terrain? If it has big mountains and deep valleys then you have my approval for sure!

- altered terrain & heightmap

- yes the tiles are Jan's

- mountain, valleys are in

...ohh, hey, no promises about the ETA (it's finished when it's finished). Wife, two kids, dog, house, etc. are eating up my time anyway :-)

Edited by gterl

Looking good - looking pretty amazing, actually!!!

- altered terrain & heightmap

- yes the tiles are Jan's

- mountain, valleys are in

...ohh, hey, no promises about the ETA (it's finished when it's finished). Wife, two kids, dog, house, etc. are eating up my time anyway :-)

Preaching to the choir my good man :grin: Do what you can when you can. That's all any of us could ask for. Thanks for taking on this task. A hand full of guys here know how much work it is.

• Like 1

"Good work that man!"

Take your time gterl. Stop when it stops being fun and resume only when you want to. That's one mumma-mia of a big job ahead of you. I would love to see an Italian landscape; Flanders is sooo flaaaat.

Your Italian terrain looks great so far! Thanks for taking on this important project.

Just Awsome! Cant say much more than that :drinks:

• Like 1

It may be "driving you crazy", but all I can say is "crazy beautiful" !!!!

...so you get the picture

- Isonzo should be in there

- Caporetto should be in

- Venetian Alps

- Piave

...we will need seaplanes!!!

italian_front.htm_txt_ItFront.gif

post-14531-0-07444700-1359984222.jpg

Ask Stephen1918 about those seaplanes. He might surprise us. You never know what he will come up with!

The area you are working on is the perfect location. Great work so far.

• Like 1

The terrain looks great, and the area will be perfect for the Italian campaigns that Quack made.

I started some seaplanes a while ago. (Quack was test flying them.) I also started some ships.

It is going slowly because the real world is taking up so much of my time these days. Has anyone worked with naval objects in First Eagles? I've just started to look into it, but haven't gotten very far.

post-67404-0-53673300-1359999556.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely picture!

To be onest I was more looking for someting like this (apologize)

L_47.jpg

The bigger question is: can any seaplanes actually land on the water in FE/FE2 without being destroyed ???

Spectacular work gterl also Stephen a wrench would be the chap to talk to about the ship thing. I had a dick around with the old Gib terrain and had a landing force on the North African coast and two opposing lines of artillery

with a battleship Parked off the coast and it was banging away supporting the good guys artillery and landing force every time I happened to pass by it really made the place come alive. Used to hop out and watch it for a while

it was like watching a war movie.The ships were not mobile as such just had them in ports or stationed somewhere but they sure cut lose at you when you passed by.

There are some ships (both warships and merchant ones) in Palestine terrain, but I doubt you can really damage them (at least the warship ones) with the little wwi bombs.

I don't know if the FE/FE2 engine supports anti-ship missions....but of course you can populate a port with static ships, name them as TargetType=WAREHOUSE in the terrain Types.ini and send the bombers to attack it (the same trick I'm using to the AI to attack artillery, because the engine doesn't recognice TargetType=ARTILLERY as target). I think it's a very realistic approach for ther Italian fronts and a great use for these Caproni bombers!

I read in Windsock Datafile that Austrians had 8 of these Albatros W4 as well (since July 1918)! They saw no combat service, but we can afford a little what if approach...

Edited by ojcar

Here are some pics of Stephen1918's Albatros W4. It does land and take-off from water. Can be a little tricky but it does work. There are no "Anti_Shipping" parameters in FE so everything "shipping" would have to be placed manually. I tried creating an airfield on the coastline in Flanders. I seems to be working. But only for campaign mode. I set only the W4 to use this airfield. In Single Missions though anything will appear and try to take-off. It does work either way. So it will be a great addition to the game. Just need to create shipping ports and ship convoys out at sea. Static ofcourse. Will be great for the Italian campaign!

post-33545-0-57922300-1360070956_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-01060800-1360070958_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-40668100-1360070959_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-03158000-1360070961_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-46554900-1360070962_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-42148000-1360070964_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-76675500-1360070965_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-73813200-1360070966_thumb.jpg