gterl

Italian Front (WIP)

Cant download it. It's not in the terrain download section. And It says I don't have permission to download it from its current location.

I have same problem. I can't download it. It says I don't have permission...

Well, as I usually fly jets I couldn't absolutely miss this!!!

Unluckly there is "something strange" in my FE2 Scenery .......

post-5138-0-11110700-1386500747_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-23159900-1386500756_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-07958700-1386500767_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-81704700-1386500776_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-76249100-1386500779_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-42761900-1386500784_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-40528100-1386500791_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-01517300-1386500798_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-42669900-1386500809_thumb.jpg

.... it seems something lacking ....

could someone fix/port this beuaty in FE2

Thanks in advance.

Paolo :hyper:

Thx gterl for very nice terrain and campaign. Now we "call" honored Capitaine Vengeur for creating Austro-Hungarian and ww 1 italian medal.

Well, as I usually fly jets I couldn't absolutely miss this!!!

Unluckly there is "something strange" in my FE2 Scenery .......

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.gimg00005.JPGattachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.gimg00006.JPGattachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.gimg00007.JPGattachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.gimg00008.JPGattachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.gimg00009.JPGattachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.gimg00010.JPGattachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.gimg00011.JPGattachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.gimg00012.JPGattachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.gimg00013.JPG

.... it seems something lacking ....

could someone fix/port this beuaty in FE2

Thanks in advance.

Paolo :hyper:

Try dropping your "Effects" from "Unlimited" to "High" and that should solve your problem. FE2 does not use "Unlimited" Effects very well.

Try dropping your "Effects" from "Unlimited" to "High" and that should solve your problem. FE2 does not use "Unlimited" Effects very well.

Very well done! Solved. Fantastic terrain, fantastic campaign ... thank you all folks!

A "real" east front now is needed.

First class job Gterl, we are all in your debt! Keeping FE/FE2 at the top of the WW1 pack!

Downloading the terrain and campaign now. I need to check if I have all the necessary planes and get any I am missing but after that I'll attempt to showcase the new campaign in a Mission Report.

Gterl, my hat's off to you man! Incredible job. what a beautiful terrain. I cant even say it was well worth the wait because you did this so fast! D have to wait that long. This will open a whole nother world in WWI simming for us. get back to work on my skins!

Have to say, this is an amazing new theatre, it looked great in the screenshots posted in this thread but actually flying in it has to be experienced, to be believed...the hills ARE alive, and the valleys, and the mountains, and the forests. Scenery like this would look great in FSX.

And as for FIGHTING in it, well, it's just spectacular and thrilling. Now you have to avoid flying into the side of a mountain in the middle of your dogfight! Being surrounded by great scenery - not just like a carpet below you, but all around you, on your own level and above, is exhilarating and more than a bit scary. Recovering from a spin is now much more dangerous, and forced landings are going to be a bit tricky!

Have only tried single missions so far but it is amazing! Fantastic work. Campaign next!

img01117.JPGimg01105.JPGimg01112.JPGimg01114.JPG

• Like 1

I'm glad you like it

Are these pic's from FE2. As I've FE-Gold I wasn't sure about the usability for FE2.

Btw here are a couple of books you guys might like. Have a couple of them and they're highly recommended.

The White War: Life and Death on the Italian Front 1915-1919

51OlWCV%2BdbL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,To

CAPORETTO AND THE ISONZO CAMPAIGN: The Italian Front 1915-1918

61XA77cmrPL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopR

Battles in the Alps: A History of the Italian Front of the First World War

51--yuLeEdL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

Caporetto 1917: Victory or Defeat?

41ZeyuNypeL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

Touring the Italian Front 1917-1918: British, American, French & German Forces in Northern Italy (Battleground Europe)

516Wr-1LF-L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

A Soldier on the Southern Front: The Classic Italian Memoir of World War I

51I1y4aDgUL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

...and of course Osprey Publishing (my main source, reading...)

Italian Aces of World War 1 (Aircraft of the Aces)

51I2ZdIe8JL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Austro Hungarian Aces of World War I

51s72rLtEyL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopR

The Austro-Hungarian Forces in World War I (1)
The Austro-Hungarian Forces in World War I (2)
The Italian Army of World War I (Men-at-Arms)
Italian Arditi: Elite Assault Troops 1917-20

The Mediterranean Front 1914-1923

PS: Good that the 'Effects' issue could be solved (I wouldn't have known how to fix it)

Yes that's FE2, Gterl. I'm about to start a proper campaign to check everything is working for me and will post a debrief in the Mission Reports section sometime in the next couple of days.

First installment of my campaign report is up!

http://combatace.com/topic/80879-campaign-report-gterls-italian-front-for-first-eaglesfe2/

Suffice to say here that this terrain is everything I expected from Gterl's screenies, and then some. And the campaign is a perfect complement to it. I don't remember having such an intense experience in FE for a long time, if ever!

img00067.JPG

• Like 1

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in...

Hello everyone, I'm new to Combat Ace & First Eagles although I do own ROF,BOS & OFF and am quite passionate about WW1 flight sims.  I had not come across this amazing Italian front Mod before and as soon as I saw it I just had to buy the FE sim and join here to try this work of art. The guys over at the ROF forum know I'm quite obsessive about wanting to see an Italian front in ROF which seems highly unlikely at this point.

So you might imagine how utterly gobsmacked & delighted I was to see this amazing Italian map,accompanying planes and campaign!  :bowdown2:

I have purchased FE2 & downloaded the Italian Map/Campaign and hopefully all the correct planes although I cannot locate the AlbD3OAW, could some kind soul point me in the right direction for the required aircraft download please? Haven't tried to install anything yet.

I'm really hoping I can get this all installed and working as the images in this thread are simply stunning! What mods would folk suggest I use to improve the experiance,My PC is pretty solid so should cope I hope? I understand I'm quite late to the party but am thrilled to have found this and hope to be flying round these glorious Alps very soon! Thankyou for this magnificent work folks! :give_heart:

I believe the Albatros DIII (OAW) is a stock aircraft (which if that's so, means it should be listed in the drop-down list of flyables in the 'single mission' option). It's distinguished from the sim's DIII, as you would expect, mainly by the rounded rudder and offset radiator.

img00307.JPG

img00535.JPG

The real Austrian Albatrosses are the Oef versions, which you can find here, if you haven't already.

gallery_66801_641_63045.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks 33LIMA, as usual I was foxed by the obvious! :doh:  Just reading thru the forums & trying to get familiar with the game file system before attempting to install all the addons. I've wanted to fly an Austrian campaign and especially fly a Phonix D.II in the alps for so so long! Spinning an out of control computer Star strutter  into a mountainside would also count as a personal dream accomplished also! I'm now up and running! :flyer:

Thankyou gterl for all the hard work and passion that you obviously put into this beautiful map and to all the guys who created the wonderful and very rare Italian and Austrian aircraft!  :frantic:

Edited by PeteDurum
  • Like 1

I'm glad you like it....by the way....I'm still adding/changing stuff on it

- Railwaybridges

- More ships

- Various ground objects

- Small aerodromes (like in the 'Flanders' topic)

- A second Italian map with the Piave river as frontline :biggrin:

Edited by gterl
  • Like 1

Great to hear your still working on it. I'm so much more fascinated by the Italian front than the Western Front....probably as I knew little about it until a few years ago...but also the stunning and varied scenery has attracted me along with the wonderful pilots & planes that flew there.

Would be great flying a campaign trying to defend the port of Trieste from massed flights of capronis in 1918. Also flying a 55j campaign at Pergine 1918 would be great at the time of Kiss & Kasza. :give_rose:

Edited by PeteDurum

updates (work still in progress)

fortifications

img00001_zpsef302ba3.jpg

img00019_zpsj0c1o55i.jpg

mediteranean blue ocean and river (note the change of color)

img00017_zpsucwrfnbq.jpg

random ground explosions

img00015_zpsymc7n49w.jpg

• Like 4

forts ...started adding ALL of them...thx for the map btw

dos_delle_somme_zpsfskmhseg.jpg

img00001_zpsvo1jopcu.jpg

sommo_alto_zps2gzw9oxu.jpg

img00002_zps2lctbvr7.jpg

• Like 3