Hello

I like F-14 TMF and It's designed radar so much

But

When you recon a target from For example 100KM your tomcat can't lock on it in-order to fire AIM-54 Phoenix missile

Just you can lock in under 20 KM

Like this photo:

tkfuklazxug4bewmqlq2.jpg

But in the SF1 We can set the lock range go to mote than 75 miles

Who can repair this problem

I mean like Typhoon Radar that we can choose the range of lock

And another thing

Who has the AIM-54 missile template?

Thanks

Morteza

Edited by morteza1374

Sabotage, blame the Hughes guys.

Wait, you mean ingame...

• Like 1

Those are probably the one's Grumman sold to Iran(j/k!!!)

It won't lock on on A/C mode. Try TWS instead.

• Like 1

You can just leave the radar in search, it'll automaticaly switch to TWS when it needs to.

It's Good to know that the Iranian F-14's are not downgraded

They are still powerful and agile

If you are in doubt lets try

Like you RQ-170

What happened?

I found that in SF2 there's a lot of things the radar has to consider before acquiring a lock. like jamming, cloud cover, ground clutter positioning, etc. try moving your nose up and down, higher or lower than the target. also select the least range possible. I.e if the target is 80nm out select 100nm radar range instead of 230nm. not sure if there's a way to give the plane to track and lock from anywhere or any place at any conditions. try asking the TMF Tomcat crew.

I'll go with saisran on this one as I was able tock a target at the 100 and 200 mile setting so maybe it's just what she said, more than likely jamming.

Edited by EricJ

Morteza1374, Iranian F-14's have scored the most kills in Tomcat history, so I would take an Iranian adversary quite seriously. That was a bad joke-I hope you don't mind.

Sabotage, blame the Hughes guys.

Wait, you mean ingame...

lol don't start

It's Good to know that the Iranian F-14's are not downgraded

They are still powerful and agile

If you are in doubt lets try

Like you RQ-170

What happened?

certainly not a Tomcat, but ANYWAYS

On-topic:

I found that in SF2 there's a lot of things the radar has to consider before acquiring a lock. like jamming, cloud cover, ground clutter positioning, etc. try moving your nose up and down, higher or lower than the target. also select the least range possible. I.e if the target is 80nm out select 100nm radar range instead of 230nm. not sure if there's a way to give the plane to track and lock from anywhere or any place at any conditions. try asking the TMF Tomcat crew.

I believe this pretty much covers up what I'd say.Also, I think you could try beginning the intercept from a higher altitude (above your target/targets).I'm not sure whether jamming could cause this, since when I fly with Phantoms I can fire AIM-7s from max range without any problems.

Anyway, try what has been said here and let us know.Good luck :)

lol don't start

certainly not a Tomcat, but ANYWAYS

On-topic:

I believe this pretty much covers up what I'd say.Also, I think you could try beginning the intercept from a higher altitude (above your target/targets).I'm not sure whether jamming could cause this, since when I fly with Phantoms I can fire AIM-7s from max range without any problems.

EDIT: Someone said you should try using TWS mode.Do that as well.

Also Fighter sized object are also harder to lock. especially models with "RCS=XXX" values in the Data.ini(stealth). Bombers on the other hand. i can lock them up from 150nm. Just like he said. Fly higher than the target. especially against TU-22's. If the target is flying low get lower and point your nose up to avoid ground clutter. TMF's radar/HUD. provides information on targets heading, altutide and speed of your target just by inserting the target in the bracket. get a bead on it and position yourself for the best intercept course.