Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Irans new Fighter - Qaher 313

As with the second link I am going with this is a mockup as the damn thing is tiny... I would bet no payload or at the most a very light payload and as to it being an F-5 underneath wouldn't surprise.

So it is already fitted with two local J85 ? Perhaps it has been thinking for a lightweight configuration (in the idea of the Yak-38) or the model just will be a testbed to confirm this configuration.

Edited by B52STRATO

too small for a service fighter... I'd say man carrying drone... yes.. yesss. it's a

MANDRONE!

(it's main weapon is mandroneda strain...)

too small for a service fighter... I'd say man carrying drone... yes.. yesss. it's a

MANDRONE!

(it's main weapon is mandroneda strain...)

LOL!!! ....well...MANDRONE it's an italian dialectal expression for "crappy thing"!!! :lol:

Edited by mdatelmi

told you...

should we take that seriously? looks small, like Mahmoud's brain

• Like 3

Oh I'm sure it's just another F-5 underneath, knowing the Iranians.

• Like 1

It looks like hand made plane, built yourself, maybe from ikea???

• Like 1

Unless they plan on using "the force" to hold the canopy shut theres no way this bird is going anywhere... At best its a mock up, more likely its a prop.

Craig

There is a video footage of it or something here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21307208

The footage is that of a RC model.

Unless they plan on using "the force" to hold the canopy shut theres no way this bird is going anywhere... At best its a mock up, more likely its a prop.

Craig

More than one way to lock a canopy and it's also one of the features not associated with a wood and fiberglass mockup.

Edited by Atreides

Looks like something the writers of Top Gun would describe, they took the F-5 from Top Gun and the F-35 from the cancelled Top Gun 2 and put it through a meat grinder with a hint of Goose, put the contents in a baking sheet, preheated the oven to 350 degrees and BLAMO you got an F313. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.

Haha if one is to go by the size of it, it appears that there's no room in the nose for anything but a tiny ranging radar if that.

This has got to be a bad propaganda stunt the air intakes won't allow for high AoA. Also if one just googles this "aircraft" then one has to laugh at the google images where the pilot is sitting in the cockpit or should I say on lol ! I knows it's a mock up but even the bird of prey didn't look this ridiculous with a pilot in it or did it, too lazy to google that via iPhone

Edited by Atreides

Haha if one is to go by the size of it, it appears that there's no room in the nose for anything but a tiny ranging radar if that.

This has got to be a bad propaganda stunt the air intakes won't allow for high AoA. Also if one just googles this "aircraft" then one has to laugh at the google images where the pilot is sitting in the cockpit or should I say on lol ! I knows it's a mock up but even the bird of prey didn't look this ridiculous with a pilot in it or did it, too lazy to google that via iPhone

HAHA looks like one of those old school toddler peddle-powered vehicles

Iranian-President-Mahmoud-Ahmadinejad-walks-to-talk-with-the-pilot-of-the-domestically-designed-and-built-Qaher-Conqueror-F-313-fighter-jet-during-a-ceremony-to-unveil-it-in-a-warehouse-in-Teheran-on-Saturday-Feb-2-2013-e1359811607162.jpg

FC might wanna go further back. could swear i've seen this in one of the Salamander series books from the 80's.

Hence, here below you can find all the reasons why we can affirm that Iran’s new stealth plane, at least in the form that was showcased on Feb. 2 during the Ten-Day Dawn ceremonies held in Tehran, is nothing more than a mock-up.

1. The size of the plane is weird. The cockpit seems to be too small, to such an extent a normal pilot doesn’t properly fit in the ejection seat. Have you ever seen a pilot with his knees above the side borders of the cockpit and his helmet well beyond the ejection seat’s head pad?
  2. The general shape of the plane is interesting, probably the result of many inputs including the X-32, the X-36, the Boeing Bird of Prey. Still, wings with outern section canted downward seem to be a bit too little to sustain the weight of the aircraft, especially the “adveniristic plane” is intended to carry a powerful engine and internal payload
  3. Overall, the plane seems to lack the characteristic rivets, bolts all aircraft, including stealthy ones, feature. Images released so far show it as a plastic-made aircraft
  4. The engine exhaust misses any kind of nozzle. The use of afterburner (or, simply, the engine temperature) would possibly melt the entire structure of the jet
  5. The aircraft sports fixed canards and air intakes a bit too small to feed a modern jet plane’s engine; air intakes resemble those used by modern UCAV designs. They are located above the wing meaning that at high AOA (Angle Of Attack) the intakes would get turbulent or no air at all for the engine.
  6. The cockpit is too simple: the front panel lacks the typical wirings while it features few instruments of a type you expect to find on small private planes. Some readers have noticed the airspeed indicator is limited to 300 MPH.
  7. The canopy lacks transparency and looks like it is made of plexiglass
  8. The nose and main landing gear seem to unretractable (although the hinge mechanism could be hidden by the door bay). Someone has pointed out the landing gear bays dimensions are such to be unable to accomodate the stowed gear but I found no way to verify this theory
  9. The flying aircraft shown in the video released yesterday is a radio controlled model (but, it looks like Iranian media outlets have already confirmed this).

Some Iranian readers have said the F-313 is not intended to be an actual plane but a drone. Maybe.

Source: http://theaviationist.com/2013/02/04/iran-plane-cannot-fly/?fb_source=pubv1#.UQ-n82fF3-4

Looks promising but I'm indifferent yet ((( I really hope it's not a fake.

But at least someone can construct something on their own, not just buying... renting or copying stuff from others. I do envy Iran for their president and for that they can stand up against the world-wide maffia. With the same spirit we wouln't be slaves long ago...

Found a pic that shows the cockpit of this so-called aircraft. My favourite instrument is the airspeed indicator. We aren't exactly talking about supersonic speeds here...

24zxgsw_zpsda956a3c.jpg

• Like 1

Found a pic that shows the cockpit of this so-called aircraft. My favourite instrument is the airspeed indicator. We aren't exactly talking about supersonic speeds here...

24zxgsw_zpsda956a3c.jpg

At least it has a nice car stereo.

The footage is that of a RC model.

You dont say :beach:

Yeah Ive got a high res picture of that - the Airpseed goes up to 300 - redlines about 260 - no indication given of the units - must be WARP

Still with that many radios the pilot (aka dwarf) will at least have something to zip along to music wise - I wonder if they were planning to put the monkey from the space trip in it (if it had survived)

Actually - with no HUD present I would assume that the white helmet is in fact the worlds most advanced HMCS - not even a single bulge to show - amazing these guys!

Edited by MigBuster

You can clearly see above the right-hand panel or just behind the seat that it's single-thickness fiberglass. Looks like the unfinished inside of a boat. This is a mockup, or it's a UAV that they stuffed a fake cockpit into. If this thing can fly, 300 is indeed its top speed.

At least it has a nice car stereo.

Maybe they took inspiration from the first iron eagle crap where the kid listens to music while engaging the enemy ? Cranking up the Beasties while killing American infidels (he he see what I did there ?) Wasn't it oh so high brow ? No ? FINE then.

Even without the speed thingy there the design of the aircraft itself is clearly subsonic. Thanks for the laughs Eye-Ran (saying it American style) several last year one of them being your S-300 s which turned out to be barrel dorms welded together.

Edited by Atreides