Sign in to follow this  
Olham

i-Pad, Rabbit or Bicycle?

Just saw a test on German TV: 20 kids at the age of 5 years were asked

what they would choose to own. There was an i-Pad, a white rabbit and a mountain bike.

What do you think - how many kids picked what?

Bike top choice, then the bunny, then the Ipad. Numbers = 10 bikes, 6 rabbits, 4 Ipads.

I'm guessing at 5, lots of kids are still pre school and many are borderline with reading, so I'm guessing the Ipad is less popular than you'd expect. By 6 however, I'd bet the ipad was a lot more popular.

Okay, let's wait for some more answers/guesses, before I tell the result.

Hmmm,

honestly don't know.

I'd pay (not much) money to see a rabbit on a bike with an ipad though.

I'm probably wrong. How many kids do you see riding bikes these days? When I was a kid we all wanted racing bikes for going fast and getting places to do the things that were fun. It was all about independence, not exercise. Then along came mountain bikes to go strange and weird places pedaling like billy-oh but still going slowly, just for the 'fun' of pure exercise. Then along comes the tinternet, and you can travel around the world from your bedroom without opening your front door.

I really don't know how a 5 year old sees the world these days. Can't see much of it from a bike, although the picture quality is better.

if i were the same greedy, entitled, little nitwit I am today.....I'd want...no, DEMAND all three.....NOW!

C'mon everybody, make a guess.

iPad-bike-bunny. Gun to my head, 13-5-2, although I might make a case for no bunny at all and split them or give them both to the iPad. The kids may not be able to read but how much reading is involved in Angry Birds and Ninja Fruit?

Judging from my two year old grandson;

I-pad 15

White Rabbit 5

Mountain bike nowhere

15 White bunny, 5 Ipad, 0 mountain bike. Just guessing I doubt many 5 year olds want a mountain bike.

Ah, now we are getting in the gear! I'll give you all some more time.

Jarhead, all three is not an option - they had to decide for just one - would you try again?

it's the bike every time..........that age...it's all about wheels. one picks it....they all want it

Edited by gaw

I say the ipad for sure! They spend more time indoors these days than outdoors! Not like my generation!

Kids also seem to like to be entertained rather than create entertainment and the ipad has this in spades!

Not what I would like to hear but that's life!!

I'll tell the real outcome this evening. Any more guesses?

I'm just replying the way my kids would have. :dntknw: They want them all and couldn't choose, so they try to pick all three.

Honestly, if I try to think like a 5-year old, the greatest number would pick the rabbits and/or iPods.

Has anyone guessed "a white bunny, riding a new mountain bicycle while using his iPad?"

That's what I would ask for if I were 5 again...

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

Okay, these kids made their choices as follows:

i-Pad = 10 kids (mostly boys)

fluffy white rabbit = 10 kids (mostly girls)

mountain bike = 0

Me, I was surprised about this - not one single kid chose the bike.

In my own youth that would have been No. 1, I think.

Edited by Olham

This really should not surprise anyone here. After all, most of us here are using virtual worlds to entertain ourselves rather than spending time, money, and energy trying to get and fly a replica of a WWI fighter.

Between all the options kids have for entertainment indoors and overprotective parents, this really shouldn't surprise or upset many folks.

FC

Just saw a test on German TV: 20 kids at the age of 5 years were asked

what they would choose to own. There was an i-Pad, a white rabbit and a mountain bike.

What do you think - how many kids picked what?

i-Pad = 5 kids (mostly boys)

fluffy white rabbit = 5 kids (mostly girls)

mountain bike = 0

Am I the only one counting only ten responses? :blink:

Shhh Von Baur we dont want to talk about the other 10..... ok ill tell you , the other 10 stole the bike used it to run over the rabbit made a YouTube about it and posted it on the net with the i-pad , they are currently doing time , they grow up so fast these days :P

cheers

You're right, von Baur, it should have been 10 kids each.

I have corrected it.

It surprises me a bit. My 6 year old godson wanted nothing more than a bike 'with gears' last Christmas.

But then, I'm a keen cyclist so I might have encouraged him a little bit.

to angles1100: LOL!!

to Olham: 5 eurokids = 10 American kids? I knew the US dollar was devalued, but come on!!! :aggressive:

:wink: