Order66

Not only a game, but a simulator.

I have just installed WoV Series 1 after putting together my new PC.

ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe

Core i5 3570K@stock speed

Corsair Denominator Platinum 2X4GB DDR3@1066MHz

Intel 520 SSD 180GB

Windows 7 Ultimate (64bits)

First impression, I love this sim! I watched Dogfights on the History Channel and found similarities in the both graphics department. And I just wonder while I enjoy the eye-candies that this simulator offers, how close is the flight model compared to their counterparts in the real world?

Say if I can fly and beat a MiG-21, is that the same that I can fly the real jet and shoot down a MiG-21 by guns?

Say if I can fly and beat a MiG-21, is that the same that I can fly the real jet and shoot down a MiG-21 by guns?

No.

The control is extremely simplified. As such, it is not a good idea to apply to the air force with skill in this game as the only merit.

welcome Order66

the Strike Fighters series are games, so are all "simulators" DCS included. Period.

but what an awesome kind of games they are!

the Strike Fighters series are games, so are all "simulators" DCS included. Period.

This is usually forgotten by rivet counters.

You have to remember you are not experiencing G forces which would have a great effect on your controls as well as the enemy pilot AI may not reflect real world training or conditions.Playing with the hard setting will give you a closer experience to the real thing but still not same as.:
:biggrin:
Edited by usafphantom2

This is usually forgotten by rivet counters.

The rivet counters are those who almost killed the genre.

On hard settings sf is quite realistic in fm, weapons department