HI,I made my MTO install and all was fine untill I selected a antishipping mission with a torpedo plane and on loadout screen I have no Torpedo's.Now I checked the planes data ini and its listed,I checked the weapons folder and its in there,I even re entered the mk13 torpedeo in the weapons editor.I still cant get a torpedo for any of my torpedo bombers only bombs?Can someone tell me if I missed something or maybe how to fix?Thanks for any helpful replys.

Do I understand that you have SF2 and messed with the Weapons.data file. If you did, that is a no, no. Any weapons added in SF2 uses the "folder" method or you create problems.

what aircraft? torps are NOT standard weapons, per se

on the torp station you should have

EOGR

as the "AllowedWeaponsClass"

Tarpon,Barracuda,Albacore,Swordfish,Beaufort,He-111-5,SM79 off the top of my head,I got the weapon to show up in loading screen but the qty=0.Where do I fix that?

Several things come to mind...

1. Did you check the 'weapon stations' section in the data.ini for any particular aircraft? As Wrench wrote above you need to add EOGR to the "AllowedWeaponClass=" line.

2. Check the 'start/endyear' entry in the data.ini for the torpedo. (If you select any year outside that time period it will not show on the loadout screen.)

3. If you want them to load automaticaly check the loadout.ini.

don't forget the Mk.13 is an AMERICAN weapon, so should ONLY be available on Allied aircraft.

there should be a German Trop available for use ETO/MTO Axis use (W_Germany attactment type) for heinkels and sparrowhawks.

the IJN has it's own, too Type something-or-other for the Kates, Jills, Betty and Nell

edit:

wepons folder is called "German Torpedo"

Type91_Torpedo for the japanese

also, if using SF2NA as the mods folder base, you may need to add "NAVAL_STRIKE" or "CRUISE_MISSILE" to the mission tasking. Of course, this means the torps have to modified to BE cruise missles, which opens up, yet another, can of worms. and all the bs that creates...

*note- naval_strike can be used for standard dumb bombs attack profile

Edited by Wrench

I was looking at this stuff before I saw your posts but I think since these are DAT aircraft They're probably wanting the DAT torpedos as well?

where do you think the ones in the weapons paks came from!!! :biggrin:

Thanks Guys for your replys I'll check that stuff too!

You know alot of those planes mentioned did'nt have a weapons folder with them?

Which weapons pak are you referring to?I did not see a german torpedo or Italian or other than USN MK13 in my weapons folder.

Edited by usafphantom2

Thanks Guys that seem's to have done the trick,Although its weird to see your torpedo rise above your plane on launch,I know they had to treat it like a sea skimming missle to get it to work in game something like that.Another great mystery solved.Thanks!