Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Moving a mesh via DATA.ini

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to move a mesh's X,Y,Z coordinates in an aircrafts' DATA.INI just like its possible in a Cockpit.INI when moving guages or gun components? I know how to remove components or meshes but can they be moved around?

What mesh are you trying to move?

As far as I know the only meshes that will move that are not animated in max are control surfaces ,Rudder, Ailerons, elevators and Flaps( not sure of flaps?), So you might try (If you have the mesh name) making it a flap, you’ll have to figure out the Deployment setting to move it and then keep it there. Of Corse it depends on if the mesh has any children linked to it and the pivot point. I never tried this, but I thought it might be worth concept testing. This may or may not work. Looking at a Data.ini I don’s see any Animation ID= for some cowl flaps, but they do have a Rotation Axis= statement. Like I said I never tried this.

Raven

Edited by RAVEN

I thnk the only thing that moves in a direction (i.e. does't rotate) that is controlled via the _DATA.ini is the shock travel on the landing gear. So it's a lot more limiting than the cockpit.ini.

Dels

Sorry guys, I didnt mean "move" as in an aileron, rudder, or shock animation for wheels. I meant to move a mesh to another location entirely. Cockpit guages and other cockpit components can be moved to different coordinates in the Cockpit.INI. I was wondering if, for instance, can a vertical stabilizer be moved forward or backwards? Can wing struts be moved in or out? (just examples).

i don't think so; i think the trick only removes them

No, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

The best thing you could do is hide the current mesh, then build a new 3d mesh and add it via the fake pilot method.

Dels