Spinners

BAC Lightning - Ejército del Aire

BAC Lightning F.56 - 113 Esc, 11 Ala, Ejército del Aire, 1972

EDALIGHTNINGF5601_zpsb4ca1b2c.jpg

EDALIGHTNINGF5602_zpsbf01fcf3.jpg

EDALIGHTNINGF5603_zps4b5ae661.jpg

EDALIGHTNINGF5604_zpsb188f4e8.jpg

EDALIGHTNINGF5605_zps9768096a.jpg

A question for my Spanish friends - what font is correct for codes and serials?

jajajjaa, superb, you managed to surprise me again, about the serial what time is this what if....

1972. He said it because the unit serials became two digits when aircraft were assigned to the wing-group, in the late 80s. By that time, aircraft belonged to squadrons, so 3 digits were used. However, being a what if, it is better than OK.

Is the font like the standard USAF one (whose name escapes me) ??

I´m not to aware of the fonts, a friend did the serials for me when i made the MirageIIIEE out of the TMF original, however he (Wildcat) is no longer around. Loborojo did some work on that recently, you might want to ask him.

Btw, the chicken insignia was for Wing 22, wich flew F-5s off Moron, wich is where Wing 11 is based nowadays. The real life insignia of the 11th is that in the avatar of Hans Topp, i had one in the Mirage3EE packs if you are interested.

Edited by macelena

As far as the squadron is concerned, the chicken is correct. But spanish aircraft wear only the wing badge on the tails. That's why the badge to use is the one Hans Topp has as avatar.

And concerning the font of the serial: I've seen so many different fonts for serials, that there can be no definitive answer about that. I saw three different fonts on our EF-18s. :yikes:

Edited by ValAstur

it is possible that the fonts depends on the pulse of the painter, i see like ValAstur diferent fonts on our Hornets

post-22478-0-52000900-1360611679_thumb.jpg

it will be possible that white numbers turn in black numbers.......

post-22478-0-28548600-1360612489_thumb.jpg

EDALIGHTNINGF301_zps05228316.jpg

Perhaps they had earlier operated the Lightning F.3

Looking great, indeed, the 11th had a MirageIII demo team, this livery would have been great. Don´t ask me about how would the Mirage perform in an exhibition, i have no idea of what they did

EDIT: Ok, just as i exited from posting this i saw your post at the screenshot thread lol

Edited by macelena

Very well Spinners, you have fixed it, whom it is known where your limits are????

Edited by Hans Topp

Unmatched you are - indeed. :good:

Just a remark: The number on the tail has to consist of one or two letters describing the function of the plane, the number of the plane in role and the unit number.

Examples:

CR.12-04 means ( C )aza ( R )econonimiento 12 (RF-4C), airplane number 4 (Fighter-Reconaissance 12)

AE9-010 means (A)taque (E)ntrenamiento 9 (F-5B) airplane number 10 (Attacker Trainer 9)

You'll find further information here:

http://en.wikipedia...._identification

Edited by ValAstur

Nice one Mario. What would you suggest for the Lightning in EDA service?

Well... how about C-9? C-8 was the Starfighter, C-11 the Mirage IIIEE, C-12 the F-4C and C-10C was the Hispano HA.220 Super Saeta. So C-9 would be "free".

Edited by ValAstur

It was C-4 for Buchon, C-5 for Sabre, A-6 for Texans, C-8 for Starfighters, A-9 for Northrop/CASA F-5s and C-10 for Ha-220 Super Saeta, however, C-7 was, IIRC, for Ha-300 before it was cancelled, so it might be right. C-7 for Lightning F.3, and C-7A for Lightning F.56, could have been sequentially correct

BAC Lightning F56 - Ala12, Ejército del Aire, 1973

EDALIGHTNINGF5609_zps7d621b89.jpg

EDALIGHTNINGF5608_zpsdb71dd0c.jpg

Must sort out that missing underwing roundel!

Edited by Spinners
  • Like 1

EDALIGHTNINGF5611_zps73226b5b.jpg

All decals done - will release tomorrow within my Lightning F.56 'NATO'.