Polovski

WINGS Over Flanders Fields - Preview #4 movie

For your viewing pleasure and to help tide the cold dark days until WOFF is finally upon you, we bring you a few new reveals and goodies in the form of a new movie...

:flyer:

Just saw (and heard!) it on YouTube - the new sounds from Creaghorn are great!!!

Nice to see more detail - must watch it again.

Pol, did you fly the planes? Are you a re-born Kamikaze pilot???

Edited by Olham

Lol Olham thanks, and yeah new sounds are cool. I think some of those collisions are my fault and some the incoming very angry AI - but indeed yes I do crash rather a lot ;)

Awesome Pol! I love the way the British craft broke apart at the 1:45 mark (and I'm sure Olham did too). It looked very realistic!

Well, I guess you might be so proud of the new damage models, that your subconscious makes you do that.

Which is okay for us Huns; less work. No, wait - you crashed INTO our craft... Damn...

Pol;

Awesome!! Is all I can think to say!! :good:

OK. Now we know the Devs are alive and working!

"...you have to experience it for yourself"

Looks like my gaming computer will be just in the nick of time.

Please tell me my gaming computer will be just in the nick of time.

Drool... clean up on Runway 1... Please tell me what specs are going to be required and when can I buy it my patience is gone???

Watched it again in highest resolution; it is so brilliant that I can watch it full screen,

which I recommend.

For all who may not know: click on the toothed wheel at the bottom under the video

screen, select the highest (HD) resolution, and right of that, the middle or the right

frame, to get medium size or full screen.

After flying another sim a lot lately, which has a more modern visuals/graphics engine,

I had thought WOFF could not reach there in this respect. The video proves me wrong.

Even though the visuals may not be that modern, it is the overall touch and atmosphere,

the harmonious tuning of the whole design - and something I can't quite put my finger on -

it is the total of the feelings, which creates a world, which is really there, and for

which I still haven't found a better word than "totally immersive".

I only know: I want to be "in there"...

Edited by Olham
  • Like 1

Fantastic! Thank you.

BTW, what is the device moving in the BIFF cockpit at 00:50? Working air pump?

Fantastic! Thank you.

BTW, what is the device moving in the BIFF cockpit at 00:50? Working air pump?

Could be the fuel pump...

The new GUI looks fantastic and what to say about the skies, the aerodromes

and the overall "I was there" impression! :notworthy:

Also, the Albatros D.V skins looked superb! :ok:

Only one question, though...

The external model as well as the in cockpit view (which looked so advanced over the OFF's one, BTW :good: )

seemed to be of a D.Va! (minus the braces, but they were not mandatory, anyway)

Is it kind of place holder till the real D.V 3D is finished?

And still they taunt us! When, oh great and powerful Wizards of WOFF ... when? And don't you dare say two weeks or the 33rd of Octembruary! :grin:

Absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to hold it in my hands... :air_kiss:

Saw it at last! (Stupid work's security software!) The early war two seaters are completely undermining my resolve to try a later scout campaign, and I find I am already humming Matt Milne's music ...

Awaiting the re-birth!! This is taking longer then the Ice Age.

Matt's musical score is awesome..I am sure I saw Matt Milne's name credited in the scoring of the fabulous "Downton Abbey" TV series!!!

Regards,

Royce

If you close your eyes and just listen to the theme and sound effects, you would swear it was the score to some epic war movie. Fortunately for us it will be accompanying an epic flight sim. Your talents never grow old Mr. Milne.

Note to self: Never volunteer as the gunner in a two seater piloted by Polovski! :biggrin:

From above post

>> Matt's musical score is awesome..I am sure I saw Matt Milne's name credited in the scoring of the fabulous "Downton Abbey" TV series!!! <<

Well it seems that one of the main character actors in the "Downton Abbey" series is named Matt Milne..so perhaps this is not the same person that does the terrific scoring for OFF; or perhaps it is.

Note to self: Never volunteer as the gunner in a two seater piloted by Polovski! :biggrin:

Yeah - in his hands the word "to knock the enemy out" gets a whole new meaning!

Maybe Trenchard said something like "We must throw at the Germans what we have!"

Mmuahahahahahaaaa!!!!

Awesomeness...now BLOODY RELEASE IT!!!!!

• Like 1

yea, that's getting to be annoying. A little research is always a good idea. I am not an actor, i'm a composer. For those of you who use the imdb, i am Matt Milne number 1.

anywho, on a preview related matter these are getting better and better. keep them coming.