Hey Guys,What can you do if your gunners arent firing back at attackers,rear gunners,Tail gunners....etc? :blink: Thanks for your help.

I also added the Sf2AAA pack but I'm not seeing any tracers,I have flak but no tracers somethings happening cause I'm getting damaged It's kinda dangerous because I can't see the line of fire to stay clear of.Any helpful suggestions?black%20eye.gif

The questions are a bit vague. Do you have the appropriate gun files installed? For the tail gunners maybe you could post the details from the aircraft data .ini.

post-75584-0-19355000-1360960441.pngYeah,They're in there what's the deal with them are they AI controlled or what activates them?The AAA I can see the smoke from the barrels but no tracer,line of fire,They did use tracers in WW2?Checked the aircraft data ini's and the weapons,guns are listed as is gunner positions.I'll look one up. Edited by usafphantom2

usually, AAF used tracers every 5th round. don't know about the RAF, LW or Japanese

what does your 303 data ini say?

it should look like this:

[GunData001]

TypeName=303CAL_Browning

FullName=0.303-cal Browning Machinegun

Caliber=7.700000

ROF=1140.000000

MuzzleVel=745.000000

AmmoWt=0.011300

WarheadWt=0.000000

Reliability=97.000000

Accuracy=70.000000

AddLight=FALSE

MaxLightRange=1000.000000

FireColor=0.150000,0.150000,0.150000

GunFireEffect=LmgFireEffect

GunFireSound=50cal

EffectClassName=LmgEffects

EffectTime=0.100000

TracerTexture=Tracer.tga

TracerSize=0.150000

TracerDistFactor=0.002000

TracerLength=0.015000

MaxVisibleDist=4000.000000

MaxStreakVisibleDist=1000.000000

TimeFuzed=FALSE

Yeah it looks like that,Damned if I know what's wrong weird thing is it's affecting all my ww2 installs?What should be in the Objects directory besides the required folders? What could affect this, my effects folder? what files do i look at?

Well I installed a new mod Wings over Russia as is did'nt add any extras and that seems to be the way it is.I dont know if any of you guys are getting tracer fire in your ww2 sims?Oh my gunners are firing back now so thats fixed. Is there some way somebody could put a pipper on the sight glass for all ww2 fighters?Just asking. :biggrin:

it's called (name of gunsight)*** gunsight tga, and it SHOULD be inside every cockpt folder (for aircraft WITH gunsights, and fixed, forward firing guns)

If not, let the creators of said mod know they missed something

if you still not getting tracers in your "standard" ww2 installs, rename your effects folder, as there MUST be a conflicth someplace. I never use aftermarket effect in my ww2 stuff -- unless I need a nuke or illuminator para-flares

usafphantom2, I was just looking at an older WWll add-on (Kesselbrut's Pazific_GOP, for SF1) that I'm looking to convert to SF2 standard and I noticed the BULLETOBJECT.INI it contained did not have this entry EffectShaderName=effectFire.fx beneath [TracerMaterial]. Check and see if you have an older BULLETOBJECT.INI in your install; I think it should be in Objects or Objects/Weapons folder. Without that shader entry, I don't think the effect will show in SF2. It's from ObjectData Cat 1 at the latest patch.

Hey,Thanks I'll check that out.Wrench are you saying that there should already be a reticle or pipper on the sightglass-gunsight for all WW2 aircraft? None of mine have only gunsight glass is that correct?

As far as I know, they should all have gunsights. My Zeros, Wildcats, etc. do.

vitially important to NOT use 1stGen ***object.inis. They would need complete and total rebuilding to bring to sf2 standard. Far easier to extract the LATEST sf2 version, and add what's needed.

don't forget, in sf2, yoiu call effects DIRECTLY in the weapons data ini (see knowledge base for details)

----------

usafp2:

IF the aircraft's cockpit is equipped with a gunsight, there sure should be!! There are some pits that do no (the generic bomber pit, mossi b4 come to mind directly)

make sure there's a callout for the sight tga in the cockpit ini, and the sight tga is residing in the relevant /cockpit folder.

how about a LIST of the aircraft missing their gunsight tgas?

Edited by Wrench

post-75584-0-70555200-1361134951_thumb.pngpost-75584-0-73965300-1361135052_thumb.pngpost-75584-0-80357500-1361135086_thumb.pngpost-75584-0-73752100-1361135115_thumb.pngpost-75584-0-08976900-1361135170.pngHere it is All Dont have.They call for a TGA file for gunsight but it doesnt show up.Some cockpit .ini's say Has Gunsight=FALSE, some say TRUE does'nt make a difference showing up.Thanks for any help you can give. Edited by usafphantom2

You must have somthing going on with your install, Cause all of my Hurricanes have gunsights.tga's and I checked the mod's Wrench did for SF2 and they have them also.

Raven

wow! that is one f***ed up install then!! Other than the medium/heavy bombers (excepting the recently released A-26C Invader and the re-released Hudson, that has a 'faked in' ring-and-bead sight), all the fighter and attack aricraft should have some sight tga or another.

for example, lets look at my Hawk 75 (AdA) -- I don't know who's you're using, but MINE works - with stary's midwar cockpit 3

in the cockpit ini...

[GunsightFront]

HasGunsight=TRUE

GunsightMilSize=60

GunsightName=US-N-3_GUNSIGHT.tga

LeadComputing=FALSE

MaxDepression=0

DefaultDepression=0

and the screenie is the actual cockpit folder, with the n3 sight tga highlighted

the other, is in game. you can see the N3 sight (i've zoomed the view back a bit)

we need a screenshot of one of your cockpit folders; use one of the spitfres or Mustangs, and I know that pit inside and out

and..

a screenshot from INSIDE the cockpt looking out the windscreen

Edited by Wrench

Yeah,I combined some Sf1 planes,vehicles,ships with my Sf2 install ,Plus I messed around with effects PKGS that probably did it.Created a mod folder for Wings over Russia and just dropped it in as is and none of them have gunsight ?Is it an Sf1 in a SF2 install Thing?

the ww2 gunsights were made for sf1 -- lots were done by me, converted from the EAW PappaRomeo pak... and work the same in sf2. it's just a simple tga.

in the various folders, for both sides you should have, depending on who's aircraft, and if one of my Wolf modded ones,,,,

N3

LWRevi (of various numbers and lettere, like C 12, etc)

RAFMKII

RAFMKIII

Ger_gunsight

and so forth

again, without seeing inside the /cockpit folder, and the statements in the cockpit inis....

here's an experiment you should try ... down'load one of newer Fw-190s I uploaded last month ... see if the Revi12 is showing up in game. If not...????

Edited by Wrench

post-75584-0-99826000-1361229525.pngpost-75584-0-93062800-1361228232_thumb.pngpost-75584-0-56720500-1361228261_thumb.pngpost-75584-0-73725400-1361228292_thumb.jpgI pulled my mto folder,Think i'll rebuild it.But here are shots from my new Wings over Russia they're all like this in this install.My other ww2 install's seem to have their sights back(I can See!) I did not add anything to this one. Edited by usafphantom2

try switching to Normal mode ... you're flying on Easy

Musta tried that already didnt make a difference,switched thru all the modes.What would keep just that part of the cockpit out?Changed my BulletObject.ini back to original and I have tracers again.

No,I still have missing gunsights in some mods MTO,WOR but with the tracers back at least I can see my line of fire.THANKS! for your suggestion.

would running out of texture memory effect this??? we've seen it with skins and terrains ...

I just don't know ...