two questions here really. first is: shouldn't the LAPES weapon to load on the C-130 have a parachute on the back end? as i have it (believe from Gunnys wep pack) it comes out the back end just as a pallet.

second question (heres the request) is: would anyone want to knock out a few vehicles for LAPES delivery? yes i know the game doesnt really support resupply missions but we do have player flyable trash haulers and things for them to deliver (paratroopers, jeeps etc) would add to the variety to have some Sheridans, Hummvee's and jeeps to go out the back end. its a thought. whatchyou guys think?

Okay I think its awesome. But I lack the nessessary resources to get it done. I live near the Worlds Largest C-130 base and get to meet with a lot of the pilots there. Fighter jets are cool but someone has to keep the pilots fed, the planes fueled up and armed. That's why I think the C-130s and other cargo planes are just as important to a mlitary operation as the fighter jets. Trust me If I had the resorcues and skill it'd been done a long long time ago.

Even though its not being done anymore I like the concept of LAPES.

Also I've been wondering about using the mission the editor to make a re-supply missions. An object would have to be created. But it would need to be invisible with a huge radius and a low damage threshold; after all it would be the drop zone. Make the drop zone object a target and strike that target using the jeep or pallets-when they hit the DZ and "destroy it" the mission would be complete. Its just a theory.

Its a damn shame that most folks see no glory in a cargo plane tha keeps its mlitary moving forward.

Edited by Skyviper

appreiciate the link Old Diego but for some reason im being denied permission to view it.

also how long you been in country? or is there another meaning behind your location?

I did this some time ago for WOV 08, Need's a cute . I'll attaach the data for the C-130a and the M-113 (No lod.s), weapon data is 08.

post-300-0-83649600-1360687584_thumb.jpg

C130M113.zip

Thanks Diego. will need to print that and go over it on paper me thinks, but since i only run Gen 2 no worries bout converting to Gen 1. the LAPES model i currently have is w/o chute. the crater info is good to have tho as it also sinks into the ground. think i need to study paratroopers abit more to see how they deploy chutes AFTER exiting the aircraft and see what need applied. that is my hang up now is the lack of chutes.

Now that is creative thinking, Diego. I'll see if I can make it work on the 113,(I'll have to make new 3D models for both payload and creater) I saw a photo of a M-113 dragged out of the bay of a C-130, It was on a pallet with a cute at about 6 to 10ft AGL over a dirt strip. Thanks for the info.

Yes!! I think I'll try this with a create first to get the paracute to animate. I Just found Florian's C-160D on my HD, ( I never installed), so testing......

Edited by RAVEN