quack74

Just had to do a System Restore on my PC! Argh!

Well bye bye to all my DATA.INI's , TextureSets, Decal.INI, Config .INI's, Loadouts.INI's, Cockpit.INI that I have been working on for the last two weeks!!!!!!. I've been working on all of Jan Tuma's Oef D.III's since he released them. Multiple Skins work, Decal work and DATA.INI work. I copied the main aircraft folder and renamed each one for each Flik that I'm making skins for. So there was a lot of Decal.INI's and TextureSet.INI that were lost. And every aircraft folder I created lost all there.INI's aswell. I want to pull my hair out!!!.

Also I have been reading a few books on Austro-Hungarian aces and Italian Aces. I find all the Pilots names that I can and the aircraft they flew and add them to my campaign Data.ini. Ive added a couple dozen aces and other pilots over the last couple of weeks. A bunch of two seater crews and bomber crews as well......ALL GONE!

On the bright side all my Skin work was saved. What a stupid set back for sure. When will I learn!

So here is only one left flyable for now. Been adding as much detail as I can. Rigging, hinges, weathering, bolts, the pipe on the port side cockpit, etc etc. Oh, and the picture in the cockpit if you can see it.

post-33545-0-69443100-1360849726_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-88963700-1360849727_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-44812500-1360849729_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-35143600-1360849731_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-42239800-1360849733_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-41264000-1360849735_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-66358300-1360849737_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-04651100-1360849739_thumb.jpg

Beautiful work as always quack74. Sorry to hear about the "loss" and I agree it is very frustrating when the old PC does not cooperate and causes massive headaches with all the hard work invested into a mod. :sad:

Did you reformat it or are we talking a Windows only restore? - if it was only a windows restore might be worth looking for your old profile folder

Hi quack! If you need any FM, just tell me.

Sorry to hear about your system crash. I know how frustrating that can be, and no matter how determined we try to be, somehow backups don't get made. If I can help by sending you any of my stuff, let me know.

Edited by Stephen1918

Thanks guys. But I just need to copy and paste a bunch of Text files and rename them. Not too bad but time consuming. I'm just glad all my skin work wasnt touched. So many layers to each one. It would have been bad to lose those. Lots of work. Thanks Stephen.

• Like 1