Sign in to follow this  
Stipe

Croatian air force MiG-21 replacement

32 members have voted

1. 1. My question is, which plane do you think wood be best suited for Croatia?

• SAAB Gripen C/D/NG
    • F-16MLU Block 15
    • MiG-29M
    • MiG-35
    • Dassault Rafale
    • Mirage 2000
    • Eurofighter Typhoon
    • F-4 Phanton IDS (donated from Germany)
    • MiG-21 Bison (India)
    • hopeless modernization of the MiG-21s

Gepard, pls don't be so quick at bashing stuff :) 

I have bad experiences with romanian made technic. 80% of delivered material was crap. I think that has not changed in the last years.

A lot has changed in the last years, but that's off topic discussion.

The pilots of the Mig-21 LanceR's are very happy with the electronic upgrades though. But what do they know ? They just fly the things on a daily basis ...

And the Croatians were so satisfied with the romanian work, that they decided to rely again on it.

The same to me. For a short periode i had a Dacia Duster. What a monday car! Sold is as fast as possible. :beach:

Gepard, I'm sure you can buy a WV,  Audi or BMW with the same money you bought a Dacia ... At least James May from Top Gear has a far better opinion. :) (And I'm stopping here).

The same goes with the Mig-21 upgrades. If you were watching the thread, the "upgrades" were small overhauls and nothing like the Bison or LanceR standards. And the LanceR with HOTAS, HUD, 2 color MFD, MIL-STD-1533 and DASH III helmet  was a pretty extensive and expensive upgrade made by Elbit Israel with Aerostar, but the aiframe and engines life can't be more prolonged. Who manufactures today R-25 engines/parts ? ...That's why Romania gets second hand F-16s and for 12 planes, upgrades and training it will pay 628 million euros or 52.33 milion euro/plane. Yeah, a small price isn't it ?