KnightWolf45

Sci-Fi/Anime/What If Forum Work in progress thread

hope outher can use this tread and its a solo act for me

wip beacouse VSTOL rocks!

full days work!

Cocas

Edited by cocas
  • Like 1

Ah, yes. I can see the familiar Mikoyan fin.

Good luck with this project mate.

MiG-23pd progress update

and stuff in my HD

F-20/MiG-28MF LOL!

Durandal

Sukhoy S-37 not berkut!

FM for the MiG-23PD might be tricky.

Copy/paste from Harrier or F-35B, or Yak-38 might not work as they were meant to hover for vertical landing and use trust to turn in the air when the normal control surfaces have no effect at low speed.

The MiG-23PD was just a STOL aircraft test-bed, i.e. vertical take-off and landing were not possible.

I am thinking of FM from MiG-21 with additional lift engine/s.

I have not read detailed comments on the flight characteristics of the MiG-23PD and have not compared wing area, weight and trust with the MiG-21 to get an idea which one was more maneuverable though.

I wonder if it would be possible to control the trust of the lift engines with the trust-vector-control input and not with the throttle control input and keep the trust direction always downwards?

Theoretically, this way if no trust-vector control is applied, the aircraft will have normal take-off and landing characteristics (i.e. just flaps-assisted).

If trust-vector control is applied, the aircraft will get extra lift, while keeping the forward speed independently increasing or decreasing as per the current throttle setting.

If the lift engines intake cover is animated to work together with the flaps and the STOL characteristics are represented by increased "flaps-down" effect, then we will not have the possibility for standard take-off (i.e. without the use of lift engines).

its STOL only after take off the lift engine are nothing but wheight!

any one has a flying wing FM around?

Boeing ATB concept

My frist VG in game!!!!

ini edit in progess that on pilot etc...........

• Like 1